Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

Interesting Ventress is supposed to be dead.

Filoni has broken the "canon" in the new novels several times. It's almost as if he wants to tell his own story or something!

I'm not a huge fan of The Bad Batch, as I have found it mostly kind of boring. But I welcome the differences it brings, in the same way that Andor does.

I forget, is this one of the shows that Filoni is helming too? Or is there a different creative team that's been doing bad batch?
Seeing so many Filoni spawned character cameos in that trailer has me feeling like this show is officially dead at this point.

Brad Rau and Jennifer Corbett are the Bad Batch showrunners.

Interesting Ventress is supposed to be dead.
I had the same thought, but apparently her official DataBank Entry on StarWars.Com was updated this week to now end with:
"Ultimately, Ventress sacrificed herself to save Quinlan’s life, taking the brunt of Dooku’s Force lightning during their final confrontation. But that wasn’t the end of Asajj’s story…"

I forget, is this one of the shows that Filoni is helming too? Or is there a different creative team that's been doing bad batch?
Seeing so many Filoni spawned character cameos in that trailer has me feeling like this show is officially dead at this point.
It's the final season, so it'll hopefully wrap up storylines. Dave F is the creator, show spawned out of the Clone Wars cartoon which as also spearheaded by Dave.

I'm shocked, just shocked that Omega has a midi-cholrian count and is likely going to be force sensitive. Didn't see that coming from the first episode of the series. :rolleyes: She does not need to be a Jedi to be interesting.

The third episode was decent and entertaining. I'm curious to see how a few things play out. I still like Omega for the most part.

I'm shocked, just shocked that Omega has a midi-cholrian count and is likely going to be force sensitive. Didn't see that coming from the first episode of the series. :rolleyes: She does not need to be a Jedi to be interesting.

The third episode was decent and entertaining. I'm curious to see how a few things play out. I still like Omega for the most part.

I don’t think it’s that. I believe this series is not only telling the story of what happened with the clones and the transition to stormtroopers but it is also bridging a gap to the sequels. It’s telling us about the emperor’s plan to create a clone of himself and why they had not been successful. Omega’s unique attributes makes her interesting not because of what she could become but because of what the Emperor could become.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is definitely gearing up for Palpatine cloning himself. I think he is trying to make sure that if he does clone himself, his Force powers will crossover to the clone. I'm guessing that Snoke was some kind of first botched version of himself.

I never doubted that Omega was going to end up being Force sensitive. I still say she is going to end up being either Rey's mother, or possibly Rey is a clone of Omega. Palpatine said that Rey was his granddaughter, yet there has never been any mention of him having actual children of his own. That could be a metaphor for a second generation clone of himself.

And just think about it. If Rey ended up being a Force sensitive clone, that could totally fix the whole Rey/Mary Sue problem. She didn't really need training because all that stuff was already programmed into her.

Yeah, this is definitely gearing up for Palpatine cloning himself. I think he is trying to make sure that if he does clone himself, his Force powers will crossover to the clone. I'm guessing that Snoke was some kind of first botched version of himself.

I never doubted that Omega was going to end up being Force sensitive. I still say she is going to end up being either Rey's mother, or possibly Rey is a clone of Omega. Palpatine said that Rey was his granddaughter, yet there has never been any mention of him having actual children of his own. That could be a metaphor for a second generation clone of himself.

And just think about it. If Rey ended up being a Force sensitive clone, that could totally fix the whole Rey/Mary Sue problem. She didn't really need training because all that stuff was already programmed into her.
Rey’s father was a type of clone of Palpatine.

We already know Snoke was a failed clone.

Thanks for posting that. I have been meaning research this topic as I know that TROS novelization made big strides to fill in missing information.

Based on my understanding of the canon material, the events of currently of Bad Batch and the creation of Dathan is six years away. I would like it if they did a sort of into-the-future look at upcoming events in the last few minutes of the series like they did with Rebels to sort of wrap up what becomes of the story lines and how they pertain to the overall Star Wars saga. I think a lot of fans like me who don’t know these story details would appreciate the information.

I also think at some point you can start hinting to the Emperor’s knowledge of the existence of Grogu and how those events are tied together.

It was interesting that Palpatine is hiding the project from anyone else in the empire, wonder if that line was specifically mentioning Vader, since he’s the one Palpatine lied to about controlling life.

It was interesting that Palpatine is hiding the project from anyone else in the empire, wonder if that line was specifically mentioning Vader, since he’s the one Palpatine lied to about controlling life.
That could be. However I think the reason is like he said the a lot of people, especially those in the Imperial Forces see the Clones as an abomination. Of course the reason they mainly see it that way is because he made it that way to get rid of clone troopers so he can replace with regular forces, shut down the ability of the Cloners to limit the secrets of cloning for himself. So he is probably afraid that even his supporters might turn against him sabotage the cloning efforts.

The problem with becoming a dictator is that everyone now wants to secretly kill you and take your place. If high ranking imperials found out this old man is trying to live forever there's no way they would accept that.

It feels like they are starting to take the idea of Empire from that book foundation.

I'm not happy about The Bad Batch connecting to sequel-era lore. That is not my Star Wars.

I know very well that the idea of a clone emperor was taken from the olde EU, but still.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back