Character Options 11th Doctor sonic screwdriver mystery noise

TV8

Ok, this might be very old news, but I just watched this clip from behind the scene of the upcoming Dr Who episode "closing time"
DOCTOR WHO ~ Season 6 Episode 12 (Closing Time) Preview - YouTube

And right near the end (9 mins 38 seconds), the Doctor uses an amplifier on his sonic that results in the noise you get when you tap the button three times on the first batch of CO 11th Doctor sonics. Is this the first time we've heard this sound effect on screen?

Wait, do the toys stop working after you use it?... I was thinking that the batteries ran out really quickly... Crap! :cry

Wait, do the toys stop working after you use it?... I was thinking that the batteries ran out really quickly... Crap! :cry

Yeh, there was a fault, meaning the extra sounds permanently blows the sound chip after so many presses.

Mine just blew about a month ago.

Ah dammit. I thought it was the batteries 'cause I was messing with it just using the regular sounds, left it down for a few days and then it wasn't working... but button cell batteries generally dont run out in 3 weeks!

Guess I'll have to go buy another one :p

Ah dammit. I thought it was the batteries 'cause I was messing with it just using the regular sounds, left it down for a few days and then it wasn't working... but button cell batteries generally dont run out in 3 weeks!

Guess I'll have to go buy another one :p

The lights still work on mine, but only sometimes.

I'm thinking of taking mine apart and giving it a nicer paint job.

I've been making the 'hidden' sounds on my sonic for a while now and it still works. Considering this is a sonic I found while walking the dog (yes I checked, and no-one was around looking for it and it had clearly been there a while) I'm guessing it's made these sounds many times.

actually, though it could be my imagination, I could have sworn I heard the secret sound in S6 E9 'Night Terrors' when the Doctor scans the cubert.

I've been making the 'hidden' sounds on my sonic for a while now and it still works. Considering this is a sonic I found while walking the dog (yes I checked, and no-one was around looking for it and it had clearly been there a while) I'm guessing it's made these sounds many times.

Nice find, are you a doctor who fan?

It's funny, the only toys I've ever found are doctor who toys.

I once found a dapol 7th doctor figure sitting on a wall on my way to work.

Ive been messing around with my 11th Doc CO sonic for a while and use the secret sounds quite a bit and no incidents as of yet.....bugger now that ive said that it will probably die out on me.

I've had the first version since April 2010 and it still works perfectly, I use the secret sounds all the time. Glad to see that they're making the sounds screen accurate :)

Not too fussed if it dies on me now, I'll just buy another and use this one for something else.

Wait, have they fixed that problem in later versions?... I only bought mine 3 weeks ago and its died on me! Some rotten luck!

The Build your own sonic also has the hidden sounds, 8 of em, but I dont use em much for fear it will blow out the sound chip...

Not trying to resurrect this thread for any particular reason but has anything thought where the secret noise comes from?

I believe its TV Movie Sonic Screwdriver sonicing the Master's chest lock...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back