CCX remodeling ! into X-WING RED2

Looking good. Thanks for sharing all of your work!

Thanks! Scott.:)
I gonna show all of my work here.:thumbsup

I got up early this morning and trimmed the scharnhorst part and the panther part. Why did I get up early? Because I needed concentration to cut these parts precisely. These parts are most important parts for Droid strip. Be cautious!:unsure

Last edited:
Looking good. Thanks for sharing all of your work!

Thanks! Scott.:)
I gonna show all of my work here.:thumbsup

I got up early this morning and trimmed the scharnhorst part and the panther part. Why did I get up early? Because I needed concentration to cut these parts precisely. These parts are most important parts for Droid strip. Be cautious!:unsure

Thats some mean cutting sir, awesome!

lee

Wow ! you got a great gut's to carry this big project this far !:eek
It's a museum quality !! :thumbsup

Thanks. katsu-san!:)
Museum quality ?
Wow! you overestimate my skill.:lol
Anyway thanks.
But I think your modeling technic is higher than me!:thumbsup

More cutting, more amazing cutting lol. I agree Jason, its great to see real parts being cut like this on a model we know so well.

Yuumi, nooo, TBH, it brings a tear to my eye when i see real donor work covered up by primer lol, love seeing naked styrene kit parts in various colors on a model.....yup, im a bit of an oddball :lol.

lee

Truly amazing work.:eek

Can't wait to see the first primer on it !! :thumbsup

Katsu,

Konbanwa! Katsu-san!:)
Thank you for your kind words.
I will cast my droid strip if it finish. So the finished droid strip will not be primed. lol lol

This brings a tear to my eye, it's so good.

Hi! Jason:)
Thank you for your nice comment. In case cutting the vintage kit, if I fail, the real tears bring to my eyes. But I was able to cut it well somehow this time. The scharnhorst part seemed to be simple, but was difficult to cut, because the surface was a little bit complex. I got nervous.

More cutting, more amazing cutting lol. I agree Jason, its great to see real parts being cut like this on a model we know so well.

Yuumi, nooo, TBH, it brings a tear to my eye when i see real donor work covered up by primer lol, love seeing naked styrene kit parts in various colors on a model.....yup, im a bit of an oddball :lol.

lee

Hi! Ralphee :)
Finished droid strip will become the aggregate of the kit parts of your favorite various colors. Please wait until this weekend.

outstanding work! I bow for your talent!

ChrisGFX! Hi! Konnichiwa! Nice to meet you.:thumbsup
Thank you for comment. I do not have the talent. Just a little bit careful but a little bit reckless man about kitbashing. lol lol

Hi!:)

The last adjustment to place the parts of droidstrip.
I think a little adjustment is needed.
It looks easy build but it is difficult for me more than you think.

ILM will definitely call you when they hold their SW exhibition.:lol

Great work !!

Hi! Katsu-san! Konbanwa!:)

If I compare my work with yours which is full of your originality, my work is no match for yours.

In my opinion, it is not so hard to make SS model just resemble to ILM original if I have original kit parts. But it is very hard for me to make SS model precisely match to ILM original even if I have original kit parts. Because even if I have a clear pics of RED2, there are few pics that show me everything or the place where I want to see. So the imagination is required for SS modeling.

About droid strip, there are many pics on the web, but every pics are almost the same. For example, I wanted to check the thickness of USS Ticonderoga part, I could not find good ref. pics.
I cannot but push forward my work by my own guess and perseverance.

Oh! Anyway Your work is full of your imagination and originality, Katsu-san, this game is yours.:thumbsup

Good morning !

You don't have to be so modest. As for making the model which is the same as the studio model precisely, there is value very much with that alone. And, on the other hand, there is value in its own even if there was the part which you built by your guess. In any case it is YOUR model.
Most of all, we are enjoying the build and nice to know someone tackling an ambitious project.:lol You are doing great !

Last edited:
Great job on the droid strip pattern, atom. It's the most accurate one I've seen on this forum.

What would you like to know about the dimensions of the Ticonderoga part?

Good morning !

You don't have to be so modest. As for making the model which is the same as the studio model precisely, there is value very much with that alone. And, on the other hand, there is value in its own even if there was the part which you built by your guess. In any case it is YOUR model.
Most of all, we are enjoying the build and nice to know someone tackling an ambitious project.:lol You are doing great !

Thanks, Katsu-san. Indeed, I should enjoy the making of SS model more and more. Anyway thanks.:thumbsup

Great job on the droid strip pattern, atom. It's the most accurate one I've seen on this forum.

What would you like to know about the dimensions of the Ticonderoga part?

Hi! Thanks, beaz.:)

This is my guess.
When ILM made the droid strip pattern, they glued several millimeters of styrene sheet under the Ticonderoga. If they used the Ticonderoga with no styrene sheet, the height of Ticonderoga did not fit against the back wall of sharnforst.
That's what I mean. I wanna see pics of the right behind of droid strip.:ninja

Hmmmm, do these pics help?

Wow! I watched these pics for the first time! Kevin-san.:)
Wonderful pics! Thank you very much.
Now I am out of my town for my work and will not be able to go home until Saturday.
I will examine these pics if I return to my house on Saturday.
Anyway thank you for your cooperation. :thumbsup

I love your dedication to the subject Atom, it'll be an awesome X-Wing once done and I know the paintjob will be top notch after having seen your 1/48 Red 2 !

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back