Cassian Andor (Andor Series) Blaster (MW-20 Bryar Pistol)

Pretty sure I found all of the ones on Etsy. One is fashioned with the tool belt drop, not a Bryar holster. It’s a little too cosplay looking, imo, and the seller isn’t able to make the buckle in brass. That’s a deal breaker, for me. I don’t want 3D printed buckles on a belt. I want it to be a prop not a costume, ya know?

The second guys belt is MUCH nicer, more like an actually prop and he will do brass buckles, however, having a holster on the belt I’m posting a pic to below isnt screen accurate as Cass never had a holster attached to that belt. Later on Aldhani he had a second belt, with no buckle, but again no holster, it’s just tucked in the back.

Then there’s a few others that have the shape of the one from e12, but they’re not really right, either, unfortunately. :(

That brings us back to the belt I pictured on the last page. I attempted to get the second guy to make me one custom. I’ll spare you the details, but he just didn’t seem into it. I would ask opinions and whatnot looking for feedback and he just kept saying “yeah, we can do that.”, but never really answered any of my questions. I get the impression he has enough work to do with regular orders of stuff he already has designed on his page and just didn’t really care about taking on the job. That’s cool, but just say so. I’m not saying you gotta do cartwheels, but he literally had zero enthusiasm, so I thanked him for his time and now I’m looking (hoping) to find someone else

Attachments

• A119F459-D318-4BD7-B736-4671892791E8.jpeg
    A119F459-D318-4BD7-B736-4671892791E8.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 4449FFE5-9CBF-4E65-BF1D-C73316B99794.jpeg
    4449FFE5-9CBF-4E65-BF1D-C73316B99794.jpeg
    580 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Found it! Turns out there’s not only a completely separate bet made of webbing, but a second strap on the holster belt above that belt. Yeesh.

Attachments

• A670511D-9344-40E0-80BD-F6D1DA10312F.png
    A670511D-9344-40E0-80BD-F6D1DA10312F.png
    14.7 MB · Views: 97
That just looks like a tactical riggers belt with the cobra buckle put on reversed (so the back is outwards). The colour of the buckle matches one of the available options they come in too. Much like this one Chase Tactical COBRA™ Buckle Duty Gun Belt | Life and Liberty Tactical Gear (random google search).

It may be off the shelf but I think its more likely to be custom made. Normally the black belts don't come with the gold buckles but all the hardware is readily available and its not hard to make belts like that if you have a decent sewing machine which obviously the production does lol. I think you would also have to sew the buckle on reversed too which makes it more likely it was custom.

So there IS a buckle that looks like that! I’ve asked 4 separate “belt makers” now if they recognized that piece as anything remotely familiar in the world of belt hardware and not a one brought this up. You’d think being in the industry they would have spotted that immediately. It’s so frustrating talking to these guys. It’s like no one really wants to do it. I guess I need to find a Star Wars fan that makes Star Wars belts and not a business.

It’s definitely reversed, but I wonder if you couldn’t just flip it around and wear it upside down like pictured, right? I have a feeling it may be off the shelf being that it’s so close. The shape of the buckle is off, though. It’s close, but not the same. Perhaps there are other brands or Cobra knock-offs. Time to Google….

Thank you!

Edit: found one pretty close to the color, but the shape is off as it’s still a Cobra. Found a few other shapes, one is a bit close is that the male end has a longer mid-section, but it’s not the right one. I can see the belt itself being custom, but I can’t them making a custom buckle when it’s so close to this already existing style. Especially since Andor has been using so many other real world props. I wish I could contact those prop people like some of the guys do on here, but I wouldn’t know where to begin. Well, I do know, but I don’t have any social media accounts and I’m not about to start now.

Attachments

• 033CF5F0-EA11-47F3-B74F-F765D33EF30C.jpeg
    033CF5F0-EA11-47F3-B74F-F765D33EF30C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • BA74600F-770D-411D-964E-D3F014A14952.jpeg
    BA74600F-770D-411D-964E-D3F014A14952.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I have about 8 belts that use cobra buckles currently :) The buckles themselves (the originals) are made by a company called Austrialpin. Do a lot of climbing rated hardware gear. They have been copied all over the place though by chinese manufacturers and others. AustriAlpin – The world’s highest quality safety hardware for military, SAR, fall-stop, para-sport and mountaineering.

There are also many different variants of the originals made for different harness purposes in all sorts of sizes and finishes. They have been used repeatedly all over , for example some of Cad Bane's gear has them and they crop up all over films and tv now.
I think the buckles use will be standard as I have one in that colour on one of my belts but the belt itself I think will be custom. While you do get cobra buckles that are adjustable both sides its more common to have one side 'fixed' and the other side adjustable. If you want to flip it to the inside is out (which is sometimes used to disguise the look on lots of costumes) then you pretty much have to sew the buckle on that way round to start with. There's not usually enough flex to do it afterwards.

I'm in the UK and I tend to buy mine from AustriAlpin Cobra Buckles massive range of them available.

From your pictures where you have the 'longer' tab, thats not a different buckle, if you flip the standard ones over thats what they look like on the back. The 2 tan buckle pictures are quite possibly the same buckle type, just back and front. Thats why I keep mentioning turning them round. There are some copies from other manufacturers that do have longer bits like that (your black one pictured for example)

Last edited:
Ohhh, so they’re flipping them over not only to disguise the shape, but also hide the Cobra logo?! So you’re thinking that IS a Cobra in gold?! If so,
I’ll order one right now. I kinda like it regardless if I move forward with the whole project!

perfect! It’s nice to ID that part. It’s a good start. Thank you all that helped! Now to just figure out where that webbed belt ends. Is it an autonomous belt totally separate from the main holster belt or is it attached by the webbing somewhere.

Well, I think we solved that mystery. That lighter leather on top of the darker cobra belt is likely another version of a tool belt similar to what he wore in the first arc before escaping Ferrix with Luthen. Either they never used it on screen or he had it on in e12 when he came back to rescue Bix only it was dark and not seen on camera. Then later in the episode he took it off cause I guess you don’t really need tools in an ensuing battle.

Anyway, this should be pretty close. Excuse the the candy wrapper Cobra buckle lol.

Attachments

• 9C9D507E-561F-4EE0-BF0D-7EBE035258F2.jpeg
    9C9D507E-561F-4EE0-BF0D-7EBE035258F2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
  • 74375CAA-A165-4D90-BE7A-AFF789279ED8.jpeg
    74375CAA-A165-4D90-BE7A-AFF789279ED8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Great thread!
Really considering this etsy kit build.
Has anyone used plecter labs blaster core?
I have used his stuff before in sabers but never built a blaster.
The only reason I hesitate, there are TONS of saber sound fonts, but I can't find a font for andors MW20 (Or really anything for that matter).
I would love to cram sound and lights into this kit, but not if there are no fonts.
I guess I could just do it anyway to prepare/hope for an eventual MW20 font?
It would really take this kit to the next level to hear that awesome sound when the barrels flip.
Plus pewpew
Any ideas where to find blaster fonts?

Dunno if it's already been mentioned in the thread (|I'm being lazy to go back over it all and look, sorry :D) but I've just noticed the grip only has a screw/fixing on the right side. The left side grip is smooooooooth.

Attachments

• 0E21B596-0505-4AB2-8D59-80454CB3762B.jpeg
    0E21B596-0505-4AB2-8D59-80454CB3762B.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 146
This part of the gun bothers me. First off, all the 3D prints got it wrong. The shape is off, but that’s not my issue. What I don’t get is, and I realize this is not a real gun, what exactly is this part supposed to be? Why would a solid copper piece even have a silver area on it. It’s not decorative, so it’s confusing. It looks like there’s some scoring in there on the round sections, so that’s how I’m painting it. I guess. I may get something to create those ridges, but I HATE sculpting compounds! HATE! lol

Attachments

• 631DDBD0-1C70-466F-B1D3-7A382430736B.png
    631DDBD0-1C70-466F-B1D3-7A382430736B.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
Yeah, I guess it had to have some kind of accents. Now that I’m looking at it again, I guess I can just cut off a little 1/8” disc or anything plastic and glue it there to get that raised bit. Shape of cavity is still wrong, but it is what it is.

I can see where you might think they are raised by certain light reflections but I think it might be something else. There are several sections of this blaster that have lens type widows to allow for the electronic light effects built in. I think what you are seeing is something like a light gray paint that has been brushed over the lenses and then partially wiped away leaving paint at the edges of the windows and none in the center. That’s my takeaway.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back