Cardassian Armor Advice?

TeenageVorta

Hey everyone!

I'm very new to the costume world so I really don't know how to go about making things, and right now I've come to a bit of difficulty. :confused

Right now I'm attempting to make a Cardassian costume from Star Trek DS9. I've done some research and found fabric that closely matches the fabric used, and have been able to track down a few really nice pictures of screen used costumes. Unfortunately, I've been unable to figure out a way to make the armor. :confused

I'm not exactly sure what to do, or what materials to use. I was wondering if anybody here might be able to help me? I really am in over my head with this, so if anyone has attempted to make this before how did you do it?

I'd really appreciate any information that anyone can provide.

In the past, I've tinkered with the idea of using craft foam... there are several online tutorials about making armor out of craft foam (or foamies, as they are often referred to). But beyond tinkering with the idea in my head, I've never gone any further.

The anti-fatigue foam should help you with keeping up with the Cardassians. Sorry, I had to sneak that pun in.

Regardless, foam is becoming really popular for making armor pieces out of and that's due to the fact that it's so cheap and durable but if that isn't going to give you the exact look you want you could be able to find production notes online or something of that sort that discusses techniques you could modify to make them.

I'd just google "craft foam armor tutorial." The first one that comes up is actually pretty good. There are videos as well. Take a look at several of them before getting started.

I think it's a good way to go because the Cardassian armor appears flexible to begin with.

You should simply look aroung at a lot of the threads that come up when you search for foam armor, Iron man foam, or simply look for threads by our members izabel and Stealth. Stealth has a few great video tutorials up on youtube about makign armour out of foam sheets. Camping mat armour.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back