Captain America 2: Winter soldier Bomber Jacket

I think the lack of reviews and no one posting about it on the RPF is kind of telling.

Might be a decent jacket but who knows.

Soooo yeah... don't go anywhere near the "american leather jacket" site I mentioned in a previous post...

The first clue that something wasn't right was the fact that the emails I was receiving had a warning mentioning they may not be coming from who they say they were coming from... red flag number 1

Secondly, the DHL tracking said it was coming from Pakistan... red flag number 2

Finally, when the jacket arrived, despite feeling incredibly soft (I went for the "leather" version because I actually like the brighter blue colour) and the main panels of the jacket being the right colour, the darker panels were actually a lighter, horrible, almost turquoise, blue that clashed with the rest of the jacket...

The fit is also kinda off (despite the sleeves being okay, which in the past has always been an issue)... a little puffy around the torso that, from the side, makes me look about 100 lbs heavier than I really am

I'll upload photos at a later date for anyone that stumbles across this thread again just to make sure no one buys from them... will be sending it back for sure.

Worst $200 I've ever spent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to help, someone's gotta be the first eh?

Also, I've been wearing it today (kinda gotten attached to it now... may dye the lighter parts dark to match the online image) but something to note is there's some residual dye somewhere on the jacket... not sure where as it doesn't seem to come off everywhere but my left hand got a little bit blue (and by a little bit I mean really little bit, maybe from the inside pocket).

Might just be that it needs a once-over to get rid of any loose areas but still kinda of annoying as I thought my white t-shirt I was wearing was going to end up patchy with blue...

It didn't ...luckily

Dude! Sorry to hear your jacket is turning you into a smurf.
Thanks for playing pathfinder on this. Good to hear it is starting to wear on you... look forward to seeing your photos and hope the panel redye works.

A deep dive on Amazon has brought about these options. Has anyone given them a shot?

http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Chris-Ev...m_sbs_a_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=16ZE64HX04K5XD84P88D

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Ameri..._UL200_SR160,200_&refRID=1G16QPQWXMP89AAXNJM6

http://www.amazon.com/Outfitter-Jac..._UL200_SR150,200_&refRID=1G16QPQWXMP89AAXNJM6

http://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Chris-..._UL200_SR143,200_&refRID=1G16QPQWXMP89AAXNJM6

They all look very similar. Worried that they're getting them all from the same source and share the same inaccuracies. But at least they aren't made of leather.

Has anyone bought the cotton variation from americanleatherjacket.com ?

I just got it yesterday. The quick review is that it's exactly what is shown on their site. It's a very blue blue, if that makes any sense. And the fit is actually spot on for me(46 US medium). I didn't use their recommended sizing for my chest measurements 43" (48 Us large). I like a more fitted fit. What I did was I measured up some of my favorite jackets (medium Oakley regular fit jackets and Puma medium) and compared it to their jacket measurement numbers and those are inline with the jacket I received. Also, the use DHL express with really fast shipping from Pakistan to Colorado (3 days). I'll end up doing a full review when I get around to it.

I just got it yesterday. The quick review is that it's exactly what is shown on their site. It's a very blue blue, if that makes any sense. And the fit is actually spot on for me(46 US medium). I didn't use their recommended sizing for my chest measurements 43" (48 Us large). I like a more fitted fit. What I did was I measured up some of my favorite jackets (medium Oakley regular fit jackets and Puma medium) and compared it to their jacket measurement numbers and those are inline with the jacket I received. Also, the use DHL express with really fast shipping from Pakistan to Colorado (3 days). I'll end up doing a full review when I get around to it.

Thanks man this was a massive help as I have a 42" chest and also like a fitted fit so I think their medium should be spot on. I look forward to your full review. Will you be posting pics? Just itll allow me to double check the fit..

Thank you for the feedback! How tall are you and what is your waist and chest measurements?

I typically wear a US 38R Sport Coat size, and 30W x 30L pant size, and I am 5ft 8inches tall, and wondering if the same Medium US 46 Jacket size would also fit me.

New Leather Jacket (newleatherjacket.com) is also another place selling what looks like the exact same jacket.

http://newleatherjacket.com/Captain-America-Chris-Evans-Blue-Jacket

Does anyone have any feedback for this company?

Thank you

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back