Cantwell T16 Skyhopper research thread

starboard instrument panel decal, drawn in sketch from a photomatch of the model itself. maybe seeing it up close like this can help out IDing the kit the decal may have originally come from.

5391863752_61c0f7d596_z.jpg

So according to this photo (not dead on, mind you), I reckon the top wing to be around 191mm, the side wings measure around 201mm for the left and 196mm for the right, and the triangle in the middle to be about 90mm on all three sides (or the bottom plate is a smidge narrower). How's THAT for not exact!

skyh.jpg

I DO know the tape roll to be 36mm and the Transtar hub is 23mm

Any update on this one??
And/Or is there a photolist of the parts still needing to be found?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and all of the images on Page 1 are not working, could someone fix/repost them?
:)

Photobucket is wanting money, pics will be back up on the next 14th or 15th. Not a dead project, I just received 2 more of the kits I was missing and have almost all the kits id'd so far. Plan on doing this and the Xwing this winter along with my Probe droid.

I want to do this project this winter as well! Was talking to a couple of people at Jerseyfest about this, and Jase mentioned it a few months ago...

I've been drafting practice parts on the laser cutter, and talking to a few part ID experts... I am still planning on having Mike Salzo cast all the expensive parts for this one (much like the Laser Turret) for any one who wants to scratch build this with a "leg up". I am practicing with the laser cutter - etching panel lines from a central zero point, cutting the sheet into a large square in a jig, CAREFULLY flipping the square in the platen, and then etching the other side's panel lines and finally, cutting the wing shape. Working well so far!

What's that you say? New-to-me photos have surfaced? You've spied parts that were knocked off, long long ago, and can finally put this thing on the bench?

YES!!

I can't divulge the hows, whys. wheres, etc... but a certain tape spool, heat sink, pilots, etc will see rubber in the new year because I think we can nail this model now!!

What's that you say? New-to-me photos have surfaced? You've spied parts that were knocked off, long long ago, and can finally put this thing on the bench?

YES!!

I can't divulge the hows, whys. wheres, etc... but a certain tape spool, heat sink, pilots, etc will see rubber in the new year because I think we can nail this model now!!

you have my attention sir.

Nice Jason!

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. Can't wait to see a butt shot with greebles and my vintage Scotch tape spool in there! :D

-Marc

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back