Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

I saw those... could maybe be a step up from the super cheap knockoffs in build quality although it's a bit less of an exact copy. Zenni at least sells glasses they actually expect you to wear.

Thought I'd show where I'm at so far...
British Steel. Von Zipper
Matsuda M2002. WP Arthur 710
OP-505 DTBK. WP Eaton 328

Bonus on bottom- not an RDJ, but an RDA! Rather difficult to find correct Jack O'Neill glacier glasses. Here in the Vuarnet 028 version.

Got some serious lens buying to do cause I thought I could skate by with single vision still, but no, I need progressives now. $$$

M3023 coming, and I found an Aces High for $55 on Ebay! Tortoise.

Attachments

• 20210507_192858.jpg
    20210507_192858.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
What’s the best way to contact initium these days? Used to contact Jason directly and the ‘contact us’ part of the website doesn’t seem to be working...any ideas?

What’s the best way to contact initium these days? Used to contact Jason directly and the ‘contact us’ part of the website doesn’t seem to be working...any ideas?
I used the web form, it took a while but they did get back to me, emails were from Jason's account, which was a bit disconcerting at first. He probably managed a lot of business on it and so they had to keep it active. Wouldn't surprise me if they they don't monitor it constantly at this point, though.

I used the web form, it took a while but they did get back to me, emails were from Jason's account, which was a bit disconcerting at first. He probably managed a lot of business on it and so they had to keep it active. Wouldn't surprise me if they they don't monitor it constantly at this point, though.
Great thanks! So probably just best to messsge Jason’s email that I used before and assume someone else has taken it over

Ken, you got a way to contact Tanya that’s not Twitter or Instagram? Haven’t got anyone of those! Email maybe??

I do yes, but I dont wish to disclose that information. Not because I want to be rude but she has since taken that method of contact off of her instagram page and I wish to respect her privacy.

Found a gold with ivory acetate pair of Rayfords. Considering it's the first I've seen at all since I started looking for sunglasses I'm inclined to get them. Who knows how long it will take before I see a gold/yellow tort pair. Oh, and off-topic I have a pair of Initium Pop Life in tortoise coming. $25 shipped, at which price point even my wife said "Eh, just get them and see if they look good on you." So I didn't argue.

I have just finished the first pass through the thread putting all the info into a powerpoint presentation. So much info! Now I will go back through the thread and proofread everything. I do have a number of frames I don't think ever got ID'ed. Non MCU.

As a cancer survivor I'm not ashamed to say I teared up when I hit the posts after Jason died. I regret I never got to work with him on any of my glasses. After both I and the 10 year old daughter of my next door neighbors got cancer at the same time I take that kind of news kind of personal these days.

I can see why the Pop Life were priced cheap. Fair bit of surface whitening, floppy hinges.
I hit them with a gentle surface polishing (PlastX +cotton cloth buff followed by Renaissance wax protective polish. My tiniest hollow-ground screwdriver was just right for adjusting the tension. Now they look decent. Wife likes them on me. They are nearly identical in lens shape and actual size fit to the WP Arthurs, but have a bigger "apparent" size due to the thicker design.

BTW, I don't know if you guys know about Renaissance wax? It's a good protective coating on decorative items. It'll keep silver from tarnishing quite a long time. I use it on iron oxide finishes to prevent rust when I dont want them oily. Non-abrasive, it was made for conservation purposes on all kinds of materials. Some of you were complaining of corrosion I saw, and this would help prevent that. Just gently buff with a 2nd completely clean soft cloth or you will put wax streaks on your lens. You want that one super soft and fluffy so it gets into crevices with no force needed. It will make matte surfaces seem less matte though. It removes with soap and water if needed.

Edit: Did not realize how high I set the DPI, apologies if you didn't want to examine the molecular structure of Nylon Acetate.

Attachments

• 20210514_130934.jpg
    20210514_130934.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "I"........ISBA!! :D
20210514_185939.png

Unless there is a color version of this shot, which may show them as brown tortoise, in this black and white shot, they look like Isba OV5376SU 1661/R5 charcoal tortoise frame with very light or clear lenses...:cool:
20210514_190622.png 20210514_190650.png

I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "I"........ISBA!! :D
View attachment 1457854

Unless there is a color version of this shot, which may show them as brown tortoise, in this black and white shot, they look like Isba OV5376SU 1661/R5 charcoal tortoise frame with very light or clear lenses...:cool:
View attachment 1457852 View attachment 1457853
I love the Isba's.

Classic look but very bold/chunky.

I really like the broad arms, very JMM, a style which really stands out

Coincidentally I received my Rayfords today! It took about two months for them to arrive, but they are finally here.

B6B2D178-6858-4B13-940C-CE8F689CF4BF.jpeg

RDJ’s definitely have custom lenses, as usual, since mine are way darker, even though they are gradient brown.

90B450BC-EB11-4CF4-A168-8CB0BE3190C1.jpeg

Found a gold with ivory acetate pair of Rayfords. Considering it's the first I've seen at all since I started looking for sunglasses I'm inclined to get them. Who knows how long it will take before I see a gold/yellow tort pair. Oh, and off-topic I have a pair of Initium Pop Life in tortoise coming. $25 shipped, at which price point even my wife said "Eh, just get them and see if they look good on you." So I didn't argue.

Are these sunglasses mosley tribes bromley?

Attachments

• 711F2CBC-F6AB-4AFD-9C77-9BFAE9A88DF3.jpeg
    711F2CBC-F6AB-4AFD-9C77-9BFAE9A88DF3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back