Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

These are orange inside and outside just get a shade or to darker orange. The pics are inside with out any change in the lens
Thanks, it's a bit disappointing when you know authentic Ambermatic lenses can significantly change. I think I'll try to find some then... Since they're getting old, finding some in perfect condition might be hard... We'l see the result with Pottz ones

I see, I haven't seen any RB3029 in Black (I believe they're discontinued in black btw) in different size than 62mm.
I might end up buying Outdoorsman RB3030 in 58, change the temples myself and put Evolve lenses in them... I'd just like to know if they really feel like (or close enough) to the original Ambermatics, I think Jaymig is the only one here having Evolve's.
I'm starting to think that there is a slight possibility the movie versions may be 58mm, 62mm would look rather big IMO.
Who knows, they may be black RB3030 Outdoorsman 58mm frames, with 58mm evolve ambermatics, or the vintage 62mm Outdoorsman 2's with stock ambermatics already in.
In the meantime, I'm waiting for Ray-Ban to come back to me about replacement lenses.

Last edited:
Thanks, it's a bit disappointing when you know authentic Ambermatic lenses can significantly change. I think I'll try to find some then... Since they're getting old, finding some in perfect condition might be hard... We'l see the result with Pottz ones
I’ll go out in lots of sun later and double check any change

UV have you had a chance to try and remove the gold on bridge from the concepts ?
Plucked up the courage to remove the gold on the Concept 2's.....
20190904_154342.jpg

I used various grades of nail sanding boards, cut into very thin strips to get into the gap. To protect everything, I masked up the whole frame except the small gold bridge and removed the lenses. The gold came off a lot easier than expected.
20190904_154154.jpg

I kept the gold on the back part too, for accuracy and to keep "Roy" happy!
20190904_161525.jpg

20190904_153742.jpg

Quite a bit of fiddly nerve racking work for something so tiny, but that said, IMO, the small detail really makes the gold shape stand out when worn, especially when the light catches it, which I think was how the design was intended.
20190904_155057.jpg

So, after putting in the work to get screen and "Funko figure!!" accurate, I can sleep at night, phew!!
20190904_161122.png

Last edited:
Did you just file it with nothing else done ? Think I’ll give it a go. ! Thanks
Yeah, just super careful, patient light pressure filing with nail emery boards, to remove the gold. There's just gunmetal/silver underneath. Make sure to put adequate masking tape on the frame.
Don't start with a really coarse grade, or you'll have more work later polishing out any deeper scratches as you work through the grades.
Finally, I polished it a bit, with cut thin strips of nail buffer (usually 4 mega fine grades on one stick).
Good luck and please don't damage your frames.

Fair play, that actually looks pretty cool, done a good job of that! Would try that myself but patience is not a virtue of mine! How long did it take to remove lenses, tape it up, file off the gold and then put it all back together?

Fair play, that actually looks pretty cool, done a good job of that! Would try that myself but patience is not a virtue of mine! How long did it take to remove lenses, tape it up, file off the gold and then put it all back together?
Thanks dude!
It took about an hour and a half "All-in" :D

sorry to bring these back, but if someone has id'd them I must have missed it. any clue?
gio, please don't feel these have been forgotten....I'm still searching for these things, but nothing so far!....I keep having theories on them, but they end up dead ends!

The orange evolve lens got medium to Dark but never just dark. They stayed a nice deep orangey tan pretty darn close to the Raid Scene but just my opinion. Got lots of compliments on them today. Inside they look spot on to when he was buying all his supplies.

The orange evolve lens got medium to Dark but never just dark. They stayed a nice deep orangey tan pretty darn close to the Raid Scene but just my opinion. Got lots of compliments on them today. Inside they look spot on to when he was buying all his supplies.
Then it might be a less expensive way than real ambermatic lenses. Are your Aviators and Outdoorsmans the same size ?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back