C-THREE-PO'S

Quite magical this chroming process when it works!

cWob0Dal.jpg
G4VHp09l.jpg

Got the parts all tinted and topcoated so on with the assembly

lnPhypOl.jpg
61r8nOrl.jpg

Finished the lights and greeblies on the head

YfSq49Bl.jpg

That looks awesome, but what do you mean "when it works"?

I'm currently printing him and I plan on using this method of chroming.

Well it doesn't always go according to plan. U have to get the right chemicals...some suppliers stuff is just unreliable and fiddly to use. The set up needs to be just right...warm chemicals, warm work space, clean labelled; guns, pots, mixers etc etc. Dust free environment. The base coat and top coat are usually different and very specific as to the effect each of them provide. Everything needs to be hung and dried. All very do-able but u just need to have it streamlined and familiar to get perfect results

I FINALLY clicked on this thread, and I also thought it would have something to do with the breakfast cereal! I cannot recall what it tasted like, but I wanted it as a kid just because of what it was.

I don't think we bought it more than a couple times, so it must not have been all that great.

Anyway, I'm glad I checked this thread out, because holy Bejeezus what an undertaking! The paint chrome looks incredible, and your weathering is superb. Love the Droid sale version!

So these parts were all PLA prints that you started with? Man, that's a lot of cleanup work, but well worth it! I mean, obviously you printed one set and molded it, but it's still just nuts to me how great they look!

Show us the eyeball Droid!

I FINALLY clicked on this thread, and I also thought it would have something to do with the breakfast cereal! I cannot recall what it tasted like, but I wanted it as a kid just because of what it was.

I don't think we bought it more than a couple times, so it must not have been all that great.

Anyway, I'm glad I checked this thread out, because holy Bejeezus what an undertaking! The paint chrome looks incredible, and your weathering is superb. Love the Droid sale version!

So these parts were all PLA prints that you started with? Man, that's a lot of cleanup work, but well worth it! I mean, obviously you printed one set and molded it, but it's still just nuts to me how great they look!

Show us the eyeball Droid!

It's this one from my thread; Gatekeeper droid
hfn6Uohm.jpg

What amazing skills, bro!
I had a look through all you build today and again what amazing skills!
I bow down....
:p(y)

Btw. If you need room to build more, it would be ok for me to take one off your hands...just saying...

Seriously, what a great thread... I’ll defiantly follow everything you do from now on!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back