C-THREE-PO'S

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys...seems to be a few cool threepio builds going on at the moment so I thought I should get in on the act. I aim to build 3 x C3PO's...one for the droid sale scene in ANH. One for Jabba's gate scene and one for the Ewok throne scene from ROTJ. The process is to be a combination of 3d printing using the Don post scans, Jesse Maricelli's awesome files on Thingiverse,(thanks dude) and some that I've cleaned up/modelled myself. Once I have the full suit I will make resin casts of all the main parts and then re-finish them, chrome them and add all the greeblies. They will be full scale, free standing (or sitting) and weathered correctly.
I played around with some renders to show u what I'm going for...

leEFiLgl.jpg

I'm actually going to be building all the droids from this scene except the astromechs

vmlI127l.jpg

I've already built the eyeball droid for this scene

VIMpnV5l.jpg

And for this I need to build the log chair as well

I have already made a fully chromed suit before that was wearable,
but these are for static display. Cheers

OK update time...got a lot of finishing done to the 'master' suit and started casting the head. Had a coupla bad starts due to lack of de-gassing the PU but it seems to be pretty reliable now
n0FKuSTl.jpg
0iofiKLl.jpg

Got all the legs ready for moulding too
Z7K26ell.jpg

And the standard shorts and the 'sitting' shorts are done
Tn0HXXll.jpg
xT34Sg9l.jpg

Same as mentioned before, every time I see this thread on the first page I get all excited thinking it's about the 80's breakfast cereal. LOL

Great job! Subscribed!

Never seen the sitting shorts. This will make it easier for guys who want to display him in a land speeder or Ewok throne

You make this look so easy.. I can’t imagine the man hours you put into this

But it truly shows off. I really want a 3po. But I don’t think I’d ever be able to match the plating

Keep up the phenomenal work man

What kind of chroming did you choose? Metal plating or some painting techniques?

Yeah it's Hydrochrome, Spraychrome, Mirrorchrome or whatever brand u like, silver nitrate system. Works like a charm when everything is set up right but usually causes a good deal of frustration en route. Will post more pix soon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back