Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

(y) Late to this party Baz, just spent an afternoon going full-thrust through your fantastic Viper build

Sterling work, I'd love a full scale Y-Wing, but living in a flat, that ain't gonna happen - now watching with great interest

Great to see you making progress. Ambitious projects take a lot of patience, but they're worth it!!!

Last edited:
A work of inspired madness/genius- I just can't get my head round how incredible this is.
You sir, are "on one".
keep up the [beyond] good work.
I salute you!

All three legs now finished. All steel. No more wood.

Marathon day of welding today.

x7WCoMD.jpg

kafVWZ7.jpg

fKDGdhw.jpg

FOqi3y0.jpg

SF9B6r9.jpg

UPDATE 19 March 2021

SIGH. It's really hard to update all the social media and forums. I have little time on my hands and it eats a lot of it.

As my main aim here is to inspire folks to try their hand at ambitious projects on the path to betterment etc, hopefully it's OK to just post a quick link to the one page where the updates live.

Mods is that ok with you?

Baz.

Here's the link to the latest works in progress.

Secondary Propulsion. Yes – TURBINES!

uHzhSx4.jpg

All the running gear is in for the turbines port and starboard. Here's a test startup, sound and motion.

Here's what it looks like on the inside. The tink tink you hear is the tied ends of the temporary rope belts hitting the shroud on the lamp. Took me a few minutes to work out what it was. There were lots of creaks and squeaks initially, but I went over the lot with a can of WD40 and now it runs totally silent until I put the sound on the speakers.

Finally, here's a bit of a look at what's coming in the Viper build.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back