Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

VIPER IS IN IT'S HANGAR!!! Thanks to my mates Alex , David, Garry, Joe and Patrick, for the muscle!

Now is to the opportunity to remove the rotting plywood from the landing gear and replace it with steel cladding, while also installing axles at the base of each foot for built in wheels. Can't wait!

There are some repairs to do to the polystyrene, which has been damaged in the constant moving over the last year or two, but this is minor. I will reinforce, solidify, seal and fix gaps, get the canopy frame welded up and polycarbonate windshields cut and fitted. The electrics in the cockpit need tidying up and fixing. Sound systems for the engines can now be brought in and experimented with, then fitted. Wings still to be framed and fitted, followed by the cannons, complete with 15 rounds of 30mm link each wing.

Avionics and engine access panels will be back in tomorrow and the whole ship given a clean, de-cobweb and remove a couple of wasp nests.

Full build on Builds by Baz

Cheers!

Baz.

bnldZut.jpg

zdWln5u.jpg

Zkbu1kj.jpg

WKzxLww.jpg

sLPdqxh.jpg

otXfR7U.jpg

3esrX84.jpg

yJ9gA0o.jpg

JFwDe2k.jpg

fVbEdrp.jpg

hbGrjnl.jpg

Now that the Viper is happily protected in it's new hangar, it's time to clean up, realign the modules, get the wheel carts out from under it and give it all a good once over.

There's quite a bit of warping from being left in the weather. The tarpaulins only did so much and it's very good they were there. Most of it is fine, but pretty dirty. Cobwebs, dirt, dust and wasp nests inside the cockpit. The plywood cladding on the legs is totally destroyed by the weather, peeling and rotting. Easily fixed and I was going to change them for steel cladding anyway. If anything, the rotting wood is easier to remove now.

It was tricky levering the weight of the viper up high enough to remove the trolleys, but I got it down nice and gentle.

The electrics seem mostly intact and after a quick start-up, all works well except for a couple of twitchy lights which are easy enough to rectify.

I've given the cockpit a thorough brush, vacuum and wash down and it's looking good. Time to start building!

Baz.

XuAe1Hh.jpg

Jhdm3IR.jpg

v170Y5Q.jpg

hsHXfga.jpg

US53etP.jpg

lgCSyQq.jpg

An inspiration. Good job my man. I didn’t realize till I read the article that you’re a Vet. I am as well. Tomorrow’s Memorial Day here in the US. Thank you for your service to your country Baz. And cheers to those who can’t be with us!!
God bless ya mate! Our big day is ANZAC day here. It was cancelled due to Coronavirus, but that didn't stop me from observing some silence in respect and remembrance of those who gave their lives. I've been out of the military since '06, but still get a kick in the chest every ANZAC day.

Baz.

The pics of you moving it down the street remind me of every movie scene where someone is trying to hide something that is impossible to hide. It cracked me up!

Your project is very inspiring

What are the chances this pops up today?!?

“They”’re always listening!!!

I get people sending me that link all the time. Someone recently posted again it on my group as well.

Had a bit of fun up the ladder with the wide-angle lens.

The hangar work continues, with dividing walls, electricity, 10A, 15A and 3 phase circuits, natural gas heating, insulation, machinery and ongoing tool/floor-space optimisation, mezanine storage on the other side of the dividing wall and more.

QTCgBLY.jpg

hfqEbJB.jpg

s9lfSVt.jpg

Just a few more $$$ and I will get to work on the Viper again.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back