Building Time Circuits BTTF Delorean

Dagobah Don

Sr Member
Has anyone built the interior time circuits for the BTTF Delorean? is is there any leads for the parts? This part is of interest to me, and there is one site that has identified some of them. I'm particularly wary of the need to mold clear acrylic to make the cover for the unit and then MAKING the sticker to go on it. \\

Any advice would be welcome.

The main housing is a switch made by a company called Dayton - model # 2x442. There are a few versions. the older ones have a the metal plate (you refereed to as a sticker) as part of the original casing. It can easily be removed and reinstalled on the replacement plexi-glass cover. That's not hard to do... Just heat carefully with a heat gun and shape it.

The handle - seen above - is actually am automotive battery terminal cleaner. They can be ordered on line from Pep Boys. Sometimes all black, sometimes contain some white frosted plastic bits.

The box it sits on is no longer available or hasn't been positively ID'd. There are similar ones to be found though I don't recall where I bought mine from or how to search it out.

You might want to check out the DeLorean Time Machine Builders Group on Facebook... Unlike other Time Machine builders we freely share everything. Nothing is kept secret. Delorean Time Machine Builders Group

Cheers
Steven

Old thread I know but does anyone know the correct size for the Dayton sticker or plate that goes on the top of the switch ?

I've found an image of one I can print but not sure if the size is correct ?

Thanks !

When I removed the handle on the drum, there is a small threaded mount there. I went to the hardware store and found a headless threaded screw about 1 and a half to two inches long that matched the threading. I inserted the screw into the mount and wound a crap-load of black electrican's tape around the other end of the screw. Then I just slid the battery cleaner onto that... the tape keeps it stable.

If you're using this handle as an actual switch, I have no idea about that...

When I removed the handle on the drum, there is a small threaded mount there. I went to the hardware store and found a headless threaded screw about 1 and a half to two inches long that matched the threading. I inserted the screw into the mount and wound a crap-load of black electrican's tape around the other end of the screw. Then I just slid the battery cleaner onto that... the tape keeps it stable.

If you're using this handle as an actual switch, I have no idea about that...
Nice! Thanks for the tip!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back