Building a Jaeger: Striker Eureka; Pep and 3D print (Pic Heavy)

Hey guys. Been hard working to pay those bills lately, but I've had my 3D printer working in the background in the meantime. I've finished 3D printing half of the helmet so far. Its going to be really snug, almost too small, so I'm hoping some acetone to wear the inside thinner will make it large enough to fit more comfortably. I pieced it together with hot glue for the time being so I don lose any pieces. I have more pieces printing on the printer right now. the detail it has is fantastic.
1417834136946.5.jpg
1417834128766.4.jpg
1417834112925.3.jpg
1417834103010.2.jpg
1417834094261.1.jpg

All of the pieces so far have taken about 7 hours each piece. So its taken about 35 hours to print what you see here. It should be done with the whole helmet within the coming week

If you're doing the acetone properly it won't change the fit much. You're talking a few tens of thousandths of an inch off the interior at most, you'd have better luck sanding it down if you're wanting to reduce the wall thickness and/or reduce snuggness.

Hey guys.

Since Weather hasn't been cooperative for me to do some fiberglassing (which I really wanted to do) I started putting my 3D modeling skills (or lack thereof) to the test. I've been modeling up a new wearable foot and the hydraulic pistons on the Achilles area. So far I have most of the Achilles done. Here are some renders. Forgive me if you notice an issue. I'm a complete noob at 3DS Max :p

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

My goal is to 3D print it, and the angled part the pistons attach to will screw into the back of the pep shin I made a while ago

Ive been working on the foor some more, and I was trying to see how the scale for the foot would be in comparison to the size of the shin I made. So I got a model of a leg and foot, rigged some bones to it real quick, and put it inside the mesh. And to get identical proportions to the actual Jaeger, the foot needs to be pretty damn big.
1A.jpg
2A.jpg
3A.jpg

Honestly, I'm okay with the foot being this large, because if I scaled the foot to my actual foot, it would look out of proportion to the shin. Now I'm gonna get cracking on modeling a wearable version of the foot

I am desperately searching for the Striker Eureka pepakura files. I know this thread message... thingy... is a bit on the old side but I have been searching all sorts of links and coming up very short on results. I would very much like to build the Striker Eureka and wear it to GeeCon this year......

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back