Buck Rogers and Galactica Props

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by uscm buzz, Jan 12, 2006.

1. uscm buzz

uscm buzz Well-Known Member

Ok .. my buddy just ended up with some awesome a$$ Buck Rogers Tv series pistols , rifles and they are real.. Galtactica Cylone Pistol and Rifle also.. Does anybody know some prices from past auctions.. I would love to know how much something like that is worth.. uh.. Ok before somebody gimes me the its only worth what someone is willing to pay jazz.. I mean.. Does Anyone know the Market for something like that..

I dont know if he will want the pics posted.. I will check.. I want to know.. not to sell them.. but cuz I would love to get a few things that may very well be out of my price range.. but a few items are broken.. and I may be able to get those.. .. hmmm just wondering if anybody had seen some former austions before..

Assortment of BR Pistols, Rifles, etc..

2. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I don't know nuthin', but would love to see pix. :D

- k

3. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Same here.

4. uscm buzz

Oh Karl.. yea dude.. I am so sorry.. i should thought to send you some pics dude.. my bad..

5. uscm buzz

6. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Disclaimer: I have not purchased from this seller, and I don't know anything about them. I am only posting this link because they have resin replicas of one of the blasters mentioned in this thread. They might be crooks, and they equally might be the most Stand-Up guys you'll ever meet. I have no idea.

SciFi-models.com has a Buck Rogers pistol for 45 pounds (sorry, I'm in the US and don't know where to find the British Pound symbol). According to www.xe.com that works out to $79.24 in US Dollars.

They don't have any Cylon Weapons, but their TOS Colonian Blaster goes for 65.99 pounds. That's $116.25.

I was watching an auction on eBay for a Colonial Blaster that went over $125.00. Unfortunately I didn't notice the final price. I wasn't going to pay more than $125, so I took it out of my watch list at that point. Again, that was a Colonial weapon and not a Cylon, so I'm not sure how hwlpfull that is.

7. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

8. uscm buzz

Ok guys anybody able to identify these..? let the games begin..

[​IMG]

9. THEWRAPOFCONS

THEWRAPOFCONS Well-Known Member

Buck used that gun and holster I believe in "Plot to Kill a City"

10. Run Runner

Run Runner Well-Known Member

The gun was used by various bad guys in the first season and by Hawk in the second season. The holster is a Draconian holster.

11. uscm buzz

Yea I knew the pistol was pretty common.. there were several used in the ep the fighting 69th.. by the bad guys guards.. I thought the holster might have been quinces from plot to kill a city as it matches his belt.. buck is wearing all black.. but I will look again..

Ok so it might be a draconian holster.. that sounds cool.. I guess I gotta go look at the 1st episode..

12. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

Its missing the barrel tip also.

13. Pauleysolo

Pauleysolo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

yes i think it needs a plexiglass cone type tip

14. Galactifan

Galactifan Sr Member

Post some decent pics of the Cylon pistol and rifle. Thanks.

15. uscm buzz

ok Galactica.. hmmm heres a wierd one.. dont know..

[​IMG]

16. Reaper57

Reaper57 Well-Known Member

i sold this one to a member a while back. :)

never finished it but i did complete and keep my Buck version. :D

john :cool

17. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Sr Member

buzz, that looks alot like a Soviet ppsh-41...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  18. spcglider@aol.com

spcglider@aol.com Sr Member

That'd be a "NUMO" or a "PNEUMO" from the episode "The Lost Warrior" or maybe from "The Magnificent Warriors" of TOS Galactica.

One of them was just up on eBay a few days ago.

-Gordon

19. uscm buzz

The rifle with the rear cross site.. I think its a pellet rifle.. without the front pump forgrip which woudl explain the canister with the warning on it.. I think its a Benjamin pelletrifle.. dont think they make them anymore.. but they did back then..

20. uscm buzz

Hey Reaper nice pistol.. do you got a pic of your Buck version ..?..

21. uscm buzz

Ok here is link to several pics of a Benjamin Air Rifle.. This doesnt appear to be the exact model. but you can see why I believe it is a Benjamin.. which I believe its an 80's model for sure.. as my best friend owned one.. you can see the small barrel rides atop the air chamber..

http://www.bradwood.com/airrifle/

22. spcglider@aol.com

The "numo" or "Pneumo" was used in a 1979 episode of Battlestar Galactica, which would mean that it had to be either a 1979 model or earlier. Considering that most of the "found" objects in the show were readily available items (and some of them high-end merchandise as exemplified by the Sidi motocross boots and some of the other costume parts like the Warrior's watches), they probably just visited a local K-mart or similar and picked up a half-dozen of the same model for modification.

Perhaps the same design was maintained into the 1980's by the company that made them, but if anyone has any information about 1979 vintage air rifles, I'd bet that'd be the most effective place to start (if you're looking to find one).

-Gordon

23. spcglider@aol.com

After looking at the website, I saw the Crossman link and followed it.

If that truly is a Benjamin air rifle, it'll have a serial number on it which will indicate what year it was manufactured. There's a listing on the Crossman site.

If its a model 340, 342, or 347 it should have a serial number somewhere between
    T298242 and T359568. That covers 1978 an 1979. I can't imagine they'd have used anything earlier than a year or two before since they probably didn't get the order for the props until a week or so before they had to play in front of the camera.

Model 340 is described as "Pneumatic, .177 cal. lead shot, single shot w/ under lever pump & checkered stock & fore end"

Model 342 is described as "Pneumatic, .22 cal. pellet, single shot w/ under lever pump & checkered stock & fore end (1st var.)"

Model 347 is described as "Pneumatic, .177 cal. pellet, single shot w/ under lever pump & checkered stock & fore end (1st var.)"

Maybe that'll help in the search?

-Gordon

24. Reaper57

here is the Buck version , like the Hawk pistol some had the front sight and some did not .
    i still have some cleaning up to do, and polish the tip, add a Radio Shack trigger button. :)

if i get real interested in it i might add the light in the tip. :p

i wish someone here would make a small size strobe unit for us old retrogeeks.

i remember cutting up camera flashes 25 yrs ago to put in scifi guns.

* THOSE CHARGED CAPACITORS CAN STING CAN'T THEY :lol

25. Krel

Krel Sr Member

You shouldn't need a photo flash for a bright light, you could use one of those xenon flashlights. Everready used to make a pretty inexpensive one that used six, or eight AA batteries. Just drill a hole in the clear part, and put the bulb in it, it shouldn't be too hard to make a socket for the bulb. Either way you don't need the flashlight just the bulb.

I once saw a close-up photo of the clear muzzle of the BR pistols and it had three holes drilled in it from the barrel to channel the light.

David.

26. Reaper57

" I once saw a close-up photo of the clear muzzle of the BR pistols and it had three holes drilled in it from the barrel to channel the light.

David. "

thats great info.

what pattern were they in. a line or triangle etc.

27. Run Runner

The hero BR pistol that I own has one large hole in the center and four small holes evenly spaced around it.

28. Krel

Krel Sr Member

That sounds right, it has been a long time since I've seen that photo. There may have been other patterns, but Run Runner's sound familiar. Thanks Run Runner.

David.

29. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

I just saw the BSG episode "Greetings from Earth" and noticed that the Eastern Alliance pistols looked like the Buck Rogers pistols. Does anyone have a capture of them? The holsters looked like they might be the same as well.

30. Run Runner

The Eastern Alliance did use repainted Buck Rogers pistols. The acrylic tip was painted over as well. I have a good screen cap if someone would post it for me.

31. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great Pics here..

Sweet job on the Pistol John. :)

32. racprops

racprops Sr Member

I was wrong, seemd there are two companties with the name scifi models one is Sci-Fi models in England and the other is Scifi Models.

Rich

33. Tiberius Kirk

Tiberius Kirk Sr Member

Here's a pic from Runrunner...

[​IMG]

TK

34. Run Runner

Thanks for posting the pic for me TK.

35. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

Thanks guys, and yep, that's it.

36. Skyler101

Skyler101 Sr Member

What's with the way Starbuck always holds a pistol. He ALWAYS has his pinkie finger sticking out.. Is that some special Colonial grip?

-Skyler101

37. Apollo

:lol I always liked when he used the Middle finger on the grip with all the other fingers positioned straight out.

Dirk must have love torturing the Prop Guys on whether he was going to drop the Pistols.

38. uscm buzz

It looks like his right hand his pinky finger is busted or was busted at one time..he may not be able to bend it..

39. Apollo

He can bend it.

He never has any troubles bending it aroud a Stogie. ;)

40. spcglider@aol.com

Wow...check out that late 1970's decor.

Looks like they were shooting at the local Radisson Hotel or something.

What's with the salmon colored chairs????

-Gordon

41. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

So...when is someone going to make the BR/Eastern Empire pistol? :D

I can't remember, what kind of calculator watch were they wearing? I know there was a whole thread about it at the old ezboard RPF but can't remember now.

42. spcglider@aol.com

Warrior watches were Compu-chrons. Made by the Hughes company. As in Howard. Very expensive then, even moreso now. Collected far and wide by vintage digital watch collectors. You can expect to pay up to $600 for a decent one on eBay.

-G

43. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

That's right, now I remember. It's amazing what some of those watches get now. The old black plastic calculator watches I've seen many times what they were worth even back then.

44. Run Runner

I made an Eastern Alliance pistol a couple of years ago. I will see if TK will post a pic for me.

45. Tiberius Kirk

Tiberius Kirk Sr Member

Run Runner, Here's the pics you asked me to post for you. TK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

46. Run Runner

Thanks TK for posting the pics.

The Draconian gun is a cast off of my original stunt gun. This is a huge gun, over 15" long.

47. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

Wow. Very nice to see...thanks guys.

48. Harada357

Harada357 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Man - Buck Rogers was a childhood favorite of mine - I wish I had these for my collection. Anyone casting the Draconian Pistol? :confused