BTTF 3 Marty McFly 1885 Poncho

shinzo

Hello! :)

The last months I was working on my "Back to the Future III" Marty McFly costume.

My boyfriend modellbaubert was working on his Doc Brown and our friend derYoshi was working on his Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen costume.
These costumes have been on our to-do list for years.

It started with researching many photos of the costumes. Screenshots from Back to the Future III, photos of the original costumes and some BTTF books gave us an insight.
With the help of this collection, I spent hours working on the computer to create a template for Marty's poncho and also one for his scarf.

I then had the template for the poncho printed out in 1:1 at a printing service. That was a huge help.

making_of_02_i.jpg

Probably the best way would be to get the poncho from a weaving mill.
Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find any that makes such a single copy. But maybe I'll find one one day.

Until then, I've made my first poncho as follows:

I buyed different fabrics and felting wool. Then I cutted all things out and glued them together.
On the applications I felted colored wool on it.

On the overview photo you can see my first poncho fabric, Marty's shirt, pants and shoes. The blue fabric for his scarf, which still had to be sewn and the pattern was painted on; as well as the felt hat, which still had to be reshaped. The holster that modellbaubert got also had to be adjusted a bit. He learned leatherwork from his grandfather, so he managed to do it very nicely. :)

The holster also got matching cartridges and the Peacemaker pistol.

You can also see the "point of no return" book before it was painted, the cord for the poncho fringes, ammunition for the holster, my self-made 1:1 paper template for the poncho, the felt wool for the poncho and the colors in the top right for the presto logs.

In my hand I hold the "Frisbie's Pies" plate, which we received from Jeffrey Weissman ("George McFly" in Back to the Future II and III).

20210806_163741_HDR_bearb_i.jpg

It started with cutting a lot of fabric. The poncho got its final shape and we tested whether my head would fit through. :)

The dark lines were applied and everything got its typical shape. Then he got his fringes on both sides.

Now the detailed work continued with the many, sometimes colorful, applications. First cut out, then felted, then they gradually came onto the poncho.

It was very nice to see how he became more and more of Marty's poncho. :cool:

20210828_173851_bearb_i.jpg
20210806_184631_i.jpg
20210901_140036_bearb_i.jpg
20210828_231802_bearb_i.jpg

20210829_113625_bearb_i.jpg
20210829_192617_HDR_bearb_ausschnitt2_i.jpg
20210829_193255_HDR_bearb_i.jpg

Since I couldn't find a felt hat in the right shape, a similar one had to be deformed. I used steam for this and pressed it into the right shape with a lot of force.

The clamps have fixed the new edge until it has accepted it.

Then he got a new, matching hat band.

And the scarf got its pattern with my template.

20210808_120345_bearb_ausschnitt2_i.jpg
20210811_165354_HDR_bearb_i.jpg
20210901_193955_bearb_i.jpg

With the shoes, pants and shirt, I was lucky to have found suitable ones after a long search that didn't have to be changed.

My Marty McFly wig comes from www.mycostumes.de

And here are some nice pictures from our trip to the western town of Pullman City Harz with our finished 1885 costumes.
(more will follow)

Marty McFly: shinzo / Facebook / Instagram / www.WhoYaGonnaCall.de
Doc Brown: modellbaubert / Facebook / Instagram / www.WhoYaGonnaCall.de
Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: derYoshi / Facebook / Instagram

9873w_i.jpg

PSX_20210902_192728_ausschnitt_i.jpg

Are here more Back to the Future III Cosplayer?
Please show your costumes! :D

Greetings,

shinzo

WOW! You really put a lot off work into this and it came out amazing! I'd wear this poncho everywhere if I put this much effort into it. lol

As always, you´re work is fantastic. Beautiful costumes, pictures and the love that goes in to every little detail is just amazing!!:love:

-liebe Grüße ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back