Borderlands Psycho Bandit Costume Update on Page 4

Re: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Mask New Version Page 2

IMG_0794_zpsb5ed320c.jpg

Last edited:

That came out really well. Nice work!

Thanks -- hopefully more to come! I have a couple of side orders for the mask and axe but after I get those worked up I'll move on to my next project...........whatever that will be.

Test shot of my buddy Rachael. Full costume shoot in a month or two when it gets a little warmer

femalepsycho_zpse25df13e.jpg

Awesome photos! The mask and prop look amazing! I love that the eyes have LEDs. The last photo is probably my favorite. Wonderful tattoo work as well. Looking forward to more shots!

Can you explain how you can see with the LEDS infront of the eyes...? :O

I made a rig that is glued into the masks forehead area and drops down into the eye socket which is were I attach the led. When you put the mask on since the led is facing out and is slightly above the line of sight you can see out below it. I personally test fit each mask to my face before it's shipped out to a buyer that way if there is too much light I can always paint the back of the led black but usually the are good to go.

I'll try to get a pic of the inside next time I complete one.

Awesome photos! The mask and prop look amazing! I love that the eyes have LEDs. The last photo is probably my favorite. Wonderful tattoo work as well. Looking forward to more shots!

Thank you very much! There will be more to come.

Wow, what is the white material that is infront of the LED? (you can see through that white material?)

Nothing in front of the led. The led is held in place by a metal bracket and secured in a hole to face forward. Here is a closer pic. You can see the back of the led and the wiring travels up behind the foam padding.

IMG_0811_zps43ba8541.jpg

Last edited:

So sorry, it was the wall that was white and I thought it was a white textile :) But then you posted the image above which shows that it is some kind of black textile?

Re: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Costume

Awesome mask :eek: Im also amazed this is your first time doing something like this! Im thinking about trying my hand at it, got any useful tips/links about casting and molding? How much did it cost you to get the materials for the cast/mold and what exactly is it :eek:

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back