Borderlands Psycho Bandit Costume Update on Page 4

Re: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Costume

Awesome mask :eek: Im also amazed this is your first time doing something like this! Im thinking about trying my hand at it, got any useful tips/links about casting and molding? How much did it cost you to get the materials for the cast/mold and what exactly is it :eek:

Thanks, I was pretty happy myself with the outcome. I do have a degree in commercial illustration so I did take a ton of art and sculpture classes in college. Curently I am a freelance illustrator doing this as a side hobby.

I used smooth-on rebound 25 for the mold and smooth on 300 for the resin. I purchased in bulk in case I had any mistakes I would have some extra. The materials ran around $500 for the silicone, resin, clay, leds, elastic, and a few other odds and ends. But all of that material was enough to make 2 mother molds and a bunch of mask casts. Plus enough to mold the buzz axe and cast some of those.

Watch a bunch of youtube vids and just jump in.

I haven't really showed it off yet but I did complete the entire costume and when it warms up I plan on a couple of photo shoots, can't wait!

Last edited:

Thanks, I was pretty happy myself with the outcome. I do have a degree in commercial illustration so I did take a ton of art and sculpture classes in college. Curently I am a freelance illustrator doing this as a side hobby.

I used smooth-on rebound 25 for the mold and smooth on 300 for the resin. I purchased in bulk in case I had any mistakes I would have some extra. The materials ran around $500 for the silicone, resin, clay, leds, elastic, and a few other odds and ends. But all of that material was enough to make 2 mother molds and a bunch of mask casts. Plus enough to mold the buzz axe and cast some of those.

Watch a bunch of youtube vids and just jump in.

I haven't really showed it off yet but I did complete the entire costume and when it warms up I plan on a couple of photo shoots, can't wait!

i see, well this will be hard to find in my country so ill have to look for some alternatives.. Youtube :D source of everything. Ive started doing just that.

Thats awesome, looking forward to the photoshoot :D

Took some cosplay shots of my friend Rachael today wearing my mask, costume and sporting my modded nerf gun.

femalebandit1_zpsbd4c82db.jpg

Im just way too jealous as to how good this came out, i was going to try and do a pepekura of it, but i could never figure than out, so than i decided i would try ,y hands at sculpting, but i never got the opportunity to do a big scale project like this... Well, again, really good job, i just wish i had your skills.

Im just way too jealous as to how good this came out, i was going to try and do a pepekura of it, but i could never figure than out, so than i decided i would try ,y hands at sculpting, but i never got the opportunity to do a big scale project like this... Well, again, really good job, i just wish i had your skills.

First off thank you very much. Like I stated before this is the first time I have ever tried to make props and only started about 5 months ago with the mask. At this point I have so many orders for masks it is keeping me very busy. But on the same hand I can't wait to be able to start a new project! I really didn't know much starting out but I would spend hours looking at the builds on this site. There are so many pros here!!

First off thank you very much. Like I stated before this is the first time I have ever tried to make props and only started about 5 months ago with the mask. At this point I have so many orders for masks it is keeping me very busy. But on the same hand I can't wait to be able to start a new project! I really didn't know much starting out but I would spend hours looking at the builds on this site. There are so many pros here!!
I would count you amung them! This mask is incredible. So you said this is your first prop, But is it your first sculpt?

Finally got to update my 9 toes armor to match the in game look. The shoulder pads are made out of foam mats, special resin cast pieces, and hand painted with acrylics.

borderlands_9_toes_cosplay_shoulder_pads_by_captainhask-d6eitie_zps94ed2cf8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a test fit of the shoulder pads and collar. Sorry about the crappy phone pic I will have better pics after the Chicago con in August

9t_zpsa7fd1ca2.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back