Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien) Sculpting finished page 45

Thank you :)

The structure to support the flanged part of the mould is done now :) I just need to glue my keys on & make a wall for the rubber.

I know it probably looks fragile but its actually more than strong enough to do what it needs to do. Its made entirely from cardboard (cat food boxes) & its all glued together with CA glue. It makes it simple, easy & cheap to construct :)
719.JPG

720.JPG

:)

Last edited:

I hope that in the future it will be easy for me too. :)
At the moment I do not understand anything,:facepalm but it is comforting to know that these things can be done with simple materials.:)

Beautiful work Leigh. Congrats.
I just discovered this thread and this is amazing. Such an amount of work and love you put into it. Inspiring.

The mold is looking stellar bud, real clean work you're doing there bud. Always a pleasure to see your updates.

David

Thanks Guys :)

Finally got the second part of the body mould finished:
721.JPG

722.JPG

723.JPG

724.JPG

This one is going to end up being at least a 5 part mould, hopefully just 5 parts :)
The next part will be the underside & I'm going to have to do it in two parts, one either side.

All the flanges will need trimming, a clean up & a little extra reinforcement but I'll wait until I have all the jacket parts made.

Last edited:

I'm totally tapped out of superlatives, so I'm just gonna say keep at it, mate! :thumbsup

Thanks Chaps :)

Wondered what your thoughts would be on this:
726.JPG

725.JPG

Last edited:

It's nicely sculpted, but I'm not keen on the curved muscle/tendon.... seems to go against it's meant to be doing. If the jaw is fully closed, then the tendon should surely be pulled taut, or what is it that's keeping the mouth closed?

That's pretty. Wow.

Alaneye, that tendon could be Y-shaped, with one half connecting inside the upper jaw. That would be the piece holding the curve on the visible section. I'm talking in in-universe terms here, not about the sculpt, but in short it works for me. :)

Many thanks for the feedback guy's :)

Alan's right, he's spotted that I'm using human face muscle anatomy as reference & pulled the deliberate mistake :thumbsup
I was actually expecting some negativity due to this not being screen accurate but I'm extremely pleased with the responses to this as I like the way this is looking :)
I'll still make the lips & chin extension as before but they can be used in combination with prophylactics rather that struggling to produce accurate tendons as it's just not working.
I was just throwing this together to see what happened using images from the net showing the Human face muscles & I'm seriously thinking about continuing with this & having it as an option... it just seems to work :)

Anyhoo, I've made the alteration, hollowed it out behind & tweaked a few other area's:
729.JPG

728.JPG

727.JPG

Last edited:

Many thanks for the feedback guy's :)

Alan's right, he's spotted that I'm using human face muscle anatomy as reference & pulled the deliberate mistake :thumbsup
I was actually expecting some negativity due to this not being screen accurate but I'm extremely pleased with the responses to this as I like the way this is looking :)
I'll still make the lips & chin extension as before but they can be used in combination with prophylactics rather that struggling to produce accurate tendons as it's just not working.
I was just throwing this together to see what happened using images from the net showing the Human face muscles & I'm seriously thinking about continuing with this & having it as an option... it just seems to work :)

Anyhoo, I've made the alteration, hollowed it out behind & tweaked a few other area's:

Yes, that makes it even better tension. What I really like, are the joint areas, such as under the cheekbone. Beautiful and strong. :) :thumbsup

I like it. It doesn't have the complexity of the condom created movie prop, but that is probably in sync with your very precise and clean work every where else.

Thanks guy's :)

I've done the other side. I'll need to give it a final once over detail wise before making a mould but that's about all I can do ATM, I've run out of materials & money. I'm now on another stop until probably the new year :rolleyes
730.JPG

732.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back