Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Thank you :)

Well today has been a productive day :)
I had to reproduce the shoulder blade in foam so that it can then be covered with clay & done properly.
I took a few pic's so I thought I'd do this as a kind of step by step effort :)

I Started with the other side, made in foam & used what I knocked up in clay the other day as a guide for the shape & pinned it in place:
464.jpg

Then I had to fill the gap behind it:
467.jpg

468.jpg

I Super glued those in & then put the top back on Glued it in & then caulked the whole lot up:
469.jpg

470.jpg

Then I had to rip everything I did the other day off & rebuild it all in foam:
471.jpg

After a bit of finishing off its ready for a couple of coats of PVA:
472.jpg

473.jpg

And in the morning I can chuck some clay at it :)

Its not very pretty but non of it will be seen & its a nice solid structure roughly shaped that I can build the clay up on without making it too heavy :)

Last edited:
Looking good. You should think about continuing the ribbed hose all the way up the back to that ledge. And then only have one spine on that small piece of back, if there's room for it.

The design has captured a very fluid look now, not as strongly built as before, but more sensual in its flow.

EDIT: Or honestly... I should just sit back and watch a real artist come up with something better than I can think of. .)

Last edited:
The drop off at the shoulders flows to the back of the extended base nicely. Gorgeous negative space now.

Great solution.

Nick

Thanks guy's :)

Started putting the clay on this morning:
474.jpg

475.jpg

I've got to go & get some more clay :rolleyes I've run out :lol
I'll hopefully have this all shaped up today :)

Last edited:
At this rate,you'll never be done before the Mayan calender runs out:do!Beautiful as always,I still say you won't be satisfied until you've built an entire suit.

Told ya...you went crazy and delivered pure gold. Just beautiful, much stronger and addressed areas I wasn't even imagining could benefit.

:thumbsupAbsolutely brilliant Leigh... For a novice sculptor, you did an amazing job sir! You gotz yerself one hell of a natural talent! I can't wait to see more updates!
Cheers! :cheers

I don't think Leigh can call himself a novice sculptor after this! The back now perfectly compliments the front. Can't wait to see this all painted up!

Have you got any ideas for the finished look yet, as in paint scheme and other effects?

Probably just taking it one step at a time though right?

Thank you guy's for the Awesome Feedback :)

I'm still definitley a novice :) I've got alot to learn still.
If I could sculpt a good likeness of a familier person with all the fine detail etc & if I am able to produce an original peice, then I would consider myself a good sculpter.
Thats my goal atm. As well as wanting to make other Alien peices like the Derelict & the Space Jockey, I also want to have a go at a full size bust of Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter & I'd like to do some original art.

I have lots of idea's for the future but for now I'm focusing on young Bobert & heres where I'm at so far:
479.jpg

477.jpg

478.jpg

476.jpg

& I decided to redo the throat:
480.jpg

It seems to be like this in some shots of the filming from what I can see, I still have some fettling to do in this area though.

:)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back