Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Re: Bob the Alien (Giger Alien)

Looks amazing! Some of those pics remind me of one of those anatomy models where you can take the internal organs out! :lol

Cheers guys :), I've been busy the last few days attempting to mould he's jaw.

I made a major cock up, I didnt think to use a release agent on the silicone mating surfaces so it stuck together :cry

I managed to salvage the mould but the original jaw didnt fair so well:
94.jpg

The mould & the sum of it parts:
95.jpg

I decided to test the mould with very watery plaster of paris & cast this:
96.jpg

After all the trouble I'm quite pleased with how its come out, very little flashing & I'll need to do a little bit of cleaning up on the teeth but otherwise I cant complain.
I've learned alot through these little mistakes, hopefully next time I'll know what I'm doing :confused:)

Last edited:

Just another pic with he's new (temporary) plaster jaw fitted:
97.jpg

I must admit I'm pleased with how he looks :)

I'll probably be slowing down a bit from now on as funds are getting thin so I'll update as & when.

Thanks for the interest so far folks :)

Last edited:

Don't know how I missed this! It looks fantastic.

You say you've not sculpted before? Looks like you've been doing it for years !!

I wish I'd seen this earlier as I could have diverted you away from the silcone moulding problem. Still the cast doesn't look too bad. A bit of clean up and some proper sealer and release agent you could re mould the jaw from the plaster one.
If you need any advice in the future or what materials to buy here in the UK then just ask. A friend of mine owns a prop making company and knows just about anything I've ever asked. He even tells me the best/cheapest companies to use without compromising on quality.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup

Mark.

This is just amazing for a first sculpt. Are you going to add the Aliens extendable inner mouth part? My brother is a massive Aliens fan and is going to go nuts for this. If you do make some kits I would love one.

Hi sskunky.

Any chance you could PM me the name of your friends company? I could use a little help in that area too.

Wow!! Thanks for the great comments guy's :thumbsup :)
I'll definately be in touch SSkunky, thats a very generouse offer :) you do realise though I'll be mailing you alot :)

I should have a couple more updated pic's to post up soon hopefully, I ordered the big convoluted pipe that runs down the side of he's head (££££££ :eek) yesterday so it should be here in a day or two & wont take too long to fit. I've added a few other bits of tubing, I've reposisioned he's top fangs & added two more. I've also been adding the small convoluted pipe that sits just under the edge of he's couling & trying to make the foam couling fit nicely over it.

I'll be focusing my attention on getting the head to a moulding stage before I do any more to the neck & shoulders & I plan to make a full length tounge for him.

There is a little reference material I need: the pipes (1 either side ) that come from the rear of he's bottom jaw??
On one version they appear to come from the short fat pipe on the side of the middle of he's head, The version I want to do is where they seem to dissapear behind he's neck?? the problem is I cant find a good rear view of the back of he's neck where these pipes terminate, does anybody have a pic or a scale model they could take a pic of that I can use for reference??

The Pressure is on to get this done for the UK Prop Part :love

just kidding this looks amazing

still looking good! when i get some more funding im going to have to do one my self :D

Again thanks for all the great comments guys its really spuring me on :)

Heres a couple of the latest pic's with he's new upper fangs & pipework etc:
99.jpg

He still has he's plaster bottom jaw on at the moment & I dropped it :rolleyes I had to glue it back together untill I get some resin to make another.
98.jpg

I'm still waiting on those big pipes for the sides of he's head, should be here soon.

Last edited:
Re: Bob the Alien creature

Anybody?? :confused

Sorry I totally missed this when you were doing that bit of work, I'd have weighed in. It's great work so far, love it. Would be happy to give advice if needed when you're ready to mould up the rest of the head.

By the way, if you want to "accurise" the side short fat pipes - those AND the thinner pipes that lead out of them are all one item. It's the old dayglo orange style of plastic squeezy kerosene hand pump.

Anyway, great stuff!! :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back