Blade Runner Inspired Office Build: Deckard's Apartment

Loving this build! If you haven't seen this, there's a great virtual tour of Deckard's apartment here:
Yes that’s a video of gameplay from the independent virtual reality environment “9732”. It’s pretty cool to walk around in. It’s not accurate to the film set and some of the prop details are off but it does a good job replicating the feel and mood.

Yes that’s a video of gameplay from the independent virtual reality environment “9732”. It’s pretty cool to walk around in. It’s not accurate to the film set and some of the prop details are off but it does a good job replicating the feel and mood.
If anyone has done a comparison to the correct layout I'd love to see that.

Another day, another coat of paint! Multiple thin coats. Slow and steady. The black rubber tiles have a lot of texture and pitting so they will still need another coat or two. But it’s finally starting to become real to me! When I compared these first pics with the Ennis house I got a little excited, I’m not gonna lie.
79B3B166-3816-46F7-AD14-C9A9C6570D10.jpeg

0722F768-E7C4-4266-8DD0-23E58AC8B512.jpeg

B9F50CEA-E4BC-4648-A2D6-919E8624160E.jpeg

Starting to look a little familiar!
24977853-541F-4374-B3BB-77AA3252D731.jpeg

Great work Trooper_trent...those rubber tiles are a pain to paint, but they're looking good already:cool::cool:(y)(y)
Thank you. Yes that is the part I was most worried about. It’s a very weird thing to hang rubber paver tiles onto an interior wall and I got a lot of strange looks when I was asking questions about what the best way would be (having been in the prop hobby for over 20 years I’m very accustomed to those weird looks and questions from hardware store employees)

I’m happy to see that the idea worked and once painted they look very similar to stone or cinder block tiles. Hopefully the weathering process will help sell the illusion even more.

Now that the initial painting is done, I can start moving a few things back in. I just couldn't help but set out a couple of pieces.
And now that the last piece of the Beoscreen has finally arrived, I can officially call this one 100% completed!

1674347460772.jpeg

1674347453205.jpeg

1674347794535.png
1674347807066.png

Last edited:
amazing! the first mood shots with a few items are really starting to look like shots from the movie! great work Trent!

Really great ambiance Sir :cool: :cool: (y)(y):notworthy::notworthy: Yep, these doors should be a dark brown with steps moldings around those...like the front door of the apt. in the movie:cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back