Blade Runner Blaster Holster Build

very nice job, (y) I think your release snap should be on the outside of the holster, not on the inside, next to the belt loop tho... just nitpicking :whistle:

very nice job, (y) I think your release snap should be on the outside of the holster, not on the inside, next to the belt loop tho... just nitpicking :whistle:

Oh! I definitely thought about that. I decided to put the snap on the inside so that the outside profile remains faithful to the original. Both the snap and belt loop still work when on a belt but it is a little inconvenient to unsnap it (Though maybe that's good so it doesn't accidentally come undone). But I took form over function on this one.

This is an older Safariland Model 1000 large auto shoulder holster Along with the spring metal clamp that holds things in, there is an adjustable strap for security and a snapped belt loop to keep it from flopping around. There's also a metal "guide along the back welt that helps keep the front sight from wearing into the leather (I guess). They are kind of quick pictures, but I think it shows the major parts. Front to back, I measure 3"; center of the keeper strap snap to bottom, I get 6.8"; the back welt is 0.6" thick.
DavidView attachment 1006116 View attachment 1006117 View attachment 1006118 View attachment 1006119

Thank you! Very cool to see an original.

Just a quick update - I added another small row of stitching to match the original and better secure the welt.

IMG_3172.JPG

Can you make these on a regular basis..?

Since there's nothing too unique (hardware or otherwise) it's pretty easy to make one with the supplies I normally stock in my leather shop (now that I designed the pattern and figured out how to make it). Just a bit time consuming with all the sewing and detailing.

Came back to this project the other day and did a full update on the plans and style. Put the retention snap on the front side and added the slot on the back for the belt to pass through.

IMG_2120.jpeg
IMG_2119.jpeg

IMG_2121.jpeg
IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

IMG_2122.jpeg

I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out and I've had a lot more experience making these holsters over that last couple years so it came together fairly quickly. But I still need my full metal blaster! I got caught up in DL-44's last year and Blade Runner fell by the wayside a bit. Time to start researching what's available so if anyone has any suggestions it's much appreciated.

Nice job, I want something like this for my Umarex HDR 50 which looks quite similar to Deckards blaster

Attachments

• hdr-1100x1100w(1).jpg
    hdr-1100x1100w(1).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 30
ChoffNose pretty sure someone on here does a 3d print Deckard conversion kit for that model Umarex ... I'll see if I can find more details ...
Septic if you can find that I'd be eternally grateful mate.... I've asked a guy that paints airsoft guns, he distresses the metal work and other pretty cool things; he says that he will give it a go to make it look like a similar steyer say a different model from the blaster range of the time, but says the grip would be difficult.

I'd really like to see this kit you speak of... It could be a dream come true, I've wanted to do it for a couple of months✌️

Ah, looks like the kit is for the H8r kit (dunno how that differs from your HDR 50).
Msg Dymerski and ask if the model files are still avaliable.

Ah, looks like the kit is for the H8r kit (dunno how that differs from your HDR 50).
Msg Dymerski and ask if the model files are still avaliable.
Hi thanks Septic... They are the same, just one is Airsoft the other paintball, I'll try to contact him but I've just joined the forum and tbh I'm not that sure how it works

Very nice work.
Here's my Safariland 1001 marked for 4" revolver.
When I lined it up with a photo editing program to a photo of the actual holster it lines up perfectly. The auction photo is the one with the blaster and my holster is overlaid transparent. You can see where they trimmed the original design slightly when they created the "Model 2000"
Safariland 1001.jpg
br_holsters_comp_sm_03.jpg
Holster.jpg
Safariland 1001 back.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back