Blade Runner Blaster Holster Build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

funboy1013xx

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
very nice job, (y) I think your release snap should be on the outside of the holster, not on the inside, next to the belt loop tho... just nitpicking :whistle:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wailonskydog

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
very nice job, (y) I think your release snap should be on the outside of the holster, not on the inside, next to the belt loop tho... just nitpicking :whistle:

Oh! I definitely thought about that. I decided to put the snap on the inside so that the outside profile remains faithful to the original. Both the snap and belt loop still work when on a belt but it is a little inconvenient to unsnap it (Though maybe that's good so it doesn't accidentally come undone). But I took form over function on this one.

Wailonskydog

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is an older Safariland Model 1000 large auto shoulder holster Along with the spring metal clamp that holds things in, there is an adjustable strap for security and a snapped belt loop to keep it from flopping around. There's also a metal "guide along the back welt that helps keep the front sight from wearing into the leather (I guess). They are kind of quick pictures, but I think it shows the major parts. Front to back, I measure 3"; center of the keeper strap snap to bottom, I get 6.8"; the back welt is 0.6" thick.
David View attachment 1006116 View attachment 1006117 View attachment 1006118 View attachment 1006119

Thank you! Very cool to see an original.

Wailonskydog

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just a quick update - I added another small row of stitching to match the original and better secure the welt.

IMG_3172.JPG

Wailonskydog

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can you make these on a regular basis..?

Since there's nothing too unique (hardware or otherwise) it's pretty easy to make one with the supplies I normally stock in my leather shop (now that I designed the pattern and figured out how to make it). Just a bit time consuming with all the sewing and detailing.

Djblingbling1

Sr Member
Amazing job! This is on my to do list since I converted my safariland, just want something with the retention in the front that can actually carry my live fire.