Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for giving me a breather, those of you whom i’ve shared with in private know what i’ve been battling with in my personal life.

As for blaster progress, i’m in the process of rethinking some methods, and thankfully don’t have to spend any more money to see if they work. I’ve looked into lost wax casting to solve some quality control issues with some of the parts.

The engraved details on the trigger cover come out soft when casting in pewter, and the entire thing is brittle if i try it in plastic. The solution, i think is to cast wax into my existing molds, then pour investment plaster into the wax castings and blowtorch melt zinc to cast the few components that i need to both be metal, and not be heavy.
With commodity prices higher, i should be able to sell some of my excess pewter that i bought in bulk and sell them to fund any expenses that may come up, be it the cost of plaster or zinc ingots. If i can unload larger quantities, then i would be able to refund those of you that wish it.

i’m also considering sending a box of zinc grips overseas to be carbon fibre wrapped, as the price per unit is reasonable compared to the $300 per grip cost to have it done here.

FA9B5480-5150-4899-8C44-2FFC770FFCE6.jpeg
3F94858B-3A0F-4786-8E06-38486BD19904.jpeg
F9418CAD-4BBD-4C63-8061-FD596BECE266.jpeg

if i can get the grips manufactured entirely and be able to ensure quality on every piece then it will remove 90% of the roadblocks to everyone receiving their blaster. Not to mention free up a ton of my time.

Wish me luck.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for giving me a breather, those of you whom i’ve shared with in private know what i’ve been battling with in my personal life.

As for blaster progress, i’m in the process of rethinking some methods, and thankfully don’t have to spend any more money to see if they work. I’ve looked into lost wax casting to solve some quality control issues with some of the parts.

The engraved details on the trigger cover come out soft when casting in pewter, and the entire thing is brittle if i try it in plastic. The solution, i think is to cast wax into my existing molds, then pour investment plaster into the wax castings and blowtorch melt zinc to cast the few components that i need to both be metal, and not be heavy.
With commodity prices higher, i should be able to sell some of my excess pewter that i bought in bulk and sell them to fund any expenses that may come up, be it the cost of plaster or zinc ingots. If i can unload larger quantities, then i would be able to refund those of you that wish it.

i’m also considering sending a box of zinc grips overseas to be carbon fibre wrapped, as the price per unit is reasonable compared to the $300 per grip cost to have it done here.

View attachment 1491814View attachment 1491815View attachment 1491816

if i can get the grips manufactured entirely and be able to ensure quality on every piece then it will remove 90% of the roadblocks to everyone receiving their blaster. Not to mention free up a ton of my time.

Wish me luck.
Good luck man!

With brandomack approval, I would be more than happy to take over someone's spot on the list.
I'd be happy to sell you my spot. I already paid a $ 299,99 deposit, which translated into €250. So for this €250, my spot can be yours. I don't think bnrandomack will mind. Drop me a PM when interested.

-- Edit --
Since I'm refunded by brandomack, my spot is not available anymore (or better: it can not be taken over from me).

Last edited:
Just want to mention that my deposit has been fully refunded by brandomack. So I'm out of this run. Good luck to brandomack and all people that are still in! Off course I hope that everybody will get refunded or gets a nice blaster in the end. For me, this case is closed (but i will be following this thread with great interest).

Last edited:
Any updates?
I’ve put in an order to Gesswein Canada to buy what i need to do investment casting in zinc for a few of the components. 2 large boxes of investment plaster arrived on Friday, but i’m still waiting on the flasks and crucible to arrive.

I plan on casting the action in one piece this way to maintain structure, as well as the barrel to avoid imperfections that keep coming up with the pewter into silicone.

I have a carbon fibre manufacturer that says they can make all of the grips for me, but i have to convert my present .stl file into a step file and i’m in the process of finding out what it actually takes to do that.

I now have use of a laser cutter at work, so i plan on laser cutting the packaging for these which will save me a ton of time.

I’ve put in an order to Gesswein Canada to buy what i need to do investment casting in zinc for a few of the components. 2 large boxes of investment plaster arrived on Friday, but i’m still waiting on the flasks and crucible to arrive.

I plan on casting the action in one piece this way to maintain structure, as well as the barrel to avoid imperfections that keep coming up with the pewter into silicone.

I have a carbon fibre manufacturer that says they can make all of the grips for me, but i have to convert my present .stl file into a step file and i’m in the process of finding out what it actually takes to do that.

I now have use of a laser cutter at work, so i plan on laser cutting the packaging for these which will save me a ton of time.
Thank you Brother. I appreciate you letting us know. On another note, I really hope you're doing okay? I know the tress you were under and hope you have a little breathing room. All my best.

In the meanwhile, this beauty is on it's way to my home ;-). It was MUCH more expensive than brandomack's (I would not have paid the price I paid if I didn't REALLY want a replica of this prop, I guess) and not in metal, but since I dropped out of this run, I went looking for alternatives and this one just looked awesome. Additionally, it was located in the EU, so no risk of the blaster getting confiscated by customs (or the risk of getting a huge customs fees bill).

1637137956585.png

Edit -- And... it arrived already! What a beauty!

20211119_111148.jpg

Anyway, I hope this run turns out OK. Looking forward seeing the finished product of brandomack! An all metal K's blaster with working electronics and real Carbon Fiber grips would be the ultimate version of this prop, I guess...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back