Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

Skylu3Design and i have been going back and forth with the interior mechanism design, making allowances for specific components, and seeing
how everything interacts spatially. Not very sexy, but important nonetheless.

8MxCPK.jpg

B6BACEA9-42E2-4D76-A3DE-ACA6FA553204.jpeg

C3438C31-E527-42C1-BA60-49D69F777F38.jpeg

59629026-F0BA-4389-9318-9E57D10A682A.jpeg

8F252B03-01C3-4DB8-9778-ADF895DC0AA3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks better and better with every update.

i had done preliminary engineering prior to the model going together, but much of it was theoretical in relation to component sizing.
The blaster is smaller than you’d think, and a much tighter fit for everything. I had to nix the green microswitches because they didn’t fit.

Last edited:
Here is the completed exterior,

We are waiting for some small electronic components to arrive so we can make necessary adjustments to the model interior to ensure a proper and well thought out fit.

hfWvct.jpg

ULBT36.jpg

CuQ9Nx.jpg

Txkn8s.jpg

dUeFLU.jpg

Rocketeer will be printing several components on his Form2 that don’t interact with any of the in-progress pieces, so i will be able to get ahead by molding and casting these components. I’ll post videos of my process at that point.

hfWvct.jpg

ULBT36.jpg

CuQ9Nx.jpg

Txkn8s.jpg

dUeFLU.jpg

Can't wait! Thanks for the update. Will you post a video anytime soon too? Just curious, these pics are more than satisfying to see.

Hello everyone!

i’m currently talking with my spring supplier, and am in the process of ordering the custom size and specified springs that i need. I’m going to be mounting one on either side of the trigger, each one with a service life of approx 100,000 actions.

i am currently waiting on 2mm brass rod that will serve as the primary trigger pivot, as well as the silver and brass microswitch that will activate the solenoid.

Thanks for the update!
Hello everyone!

i’m currently talking with my spring supplier, and am in the process of ordering the custom size and specified springs that i need. I’m going to be mounting one on either side of the trigger, each one with a service life of approx 100,000 actions.

i am currently waiting on 2mm brass rod that will serve as the primary trigger pivot, as well as the silver and brass microswitch that will activate the solenoid.

Today’s update:

The following items that i had been waiting for finally arrived.

9V Industrial Duracell Batteries
9V Battery Terminals
capacitors
trigger microswitches
on/off switches
band saw blades
aluminum tape
1100 watt hot plate

I had originally ordered the 12V 23A batteries, as well as the holders but the
holders were incapable of maintaining continuity, so i decided to move over to
the 9V as they are more user friendly to replace. I had considered using rechargable
lithium ion batteries, but on further inspection found that without a good power management
system, they are prone to overcharging which would bring a level of liability. The size of the
power management system would have taken up much needed space inside.

Now that Skylu3Design has the needed measurements, he can complete the interior of the model
and as soon as that is complete, Rocketeer will get started on printing of larger components.

i’m going to be posting a video of the printed pieces as well as the molding process.

i’m aiming to make several sets of each mold to aid in the production process.

Next video will come soon.

URL]g

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back