Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

Good god this is tempting....I always try to tell my self that I need to stick to just Star Wars......but I do love me some Blade Runner. Is there still spots in the run?

-david

Last edited:
So here is where we are currently at..

Rocketeer has printed a whole lot of goodies on the Form2, and will get them in the mail to me as soon as his schedule allows.

I picked up a 4"x36" sander today that i have been waiting to go on sale for a while now, as well as ordered all my wax sprue
and chavant clay for the molding process, UPS says it will arrive in about a week.

Also, the 2000 custom trigger springs that i ordered have been shipped.

My next video will be showing the clean-up of the prints and preparation for molding.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for all the updates.
So here is where we are currently at..

Rocketeer has printed a whole lot of goodies on the Form2, and will get them in the mail to me as soon as his schedule allows.

I picked up a 4"x36" sander today that i have been waiting to go on sale for a while now, as well as ordered all my wax sprue
and chavant clay for the molding process, UPS says it will arrive in about a week.

Also, the 2000 custom trigger springs that i ordered have been shipped.

My next video will be showing the clean-up of the prints and preparation for molding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Will you be taking on new commissions once the timeframe is established?

I'm very interested in this project, but don't want to commit until there's an actual, finished sample of the work, and a reasonable schedule for timely delivery after payment. Nothing personal... I've just invested too often in projects that were never completed. :cry

Will you be taking on new commissions once the timeframe is established?

I'm very interested in this project, but don't want to commit until there's an actual, finished sample of the work, and a reasonable schedule for timely delivery after payment. Nothing personal... I've just invested too often in projects that were never completed. :cry

I feel i am at the point where i am ready to close this run to new customers. I want to focus on the tasks at hand, and i owe it to the backers to complete their blasters in a timely fashion. I've booked myself off from IATSE (which is insanely busy here these days) so i can get this produced, but still get phoned 3-4 times a week.

Hey everyone!

Here is today’s update...

I received the resin prints from Inception Studios, after cleaning them up, i took a good look at everything to think through my molding and assembly process.

After which, i decided that a few amendments needed to be made like increasing tolerances, increasing lettering depth and making changes to the model to make molding, casting and assembly easier (adding registry keys etc.)

Skylu3Design is currently working on the amendments, which after he is done, it will get resin printed again.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's it going, and any amendments to the estimated time of completion? We are closing in on the previously provided estimate (May + 5 months). Not meaning to add pressure to you. I'm just curious if this is on-track or if there has been some change to that. :)

Hi everyone!

here is today’s update.

i am waiting on the revised model components to be printed, which Rocketeer will be doing the first chance he gets.
while waiting on that, i got started by molding the trigger guard, as it is the largest component that did not require modeling
changes.

this mold took me about 5 days to do, as i let the silicone cure for a day and a half between pours.

The mold was made in 3 parts to allow for adequate vents and sprue.

The resulting first cast is practically flawless.

dv4KaI.jpg

8jFFDp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How's it going, and any amendments to the estimated time of completion? We are closing in on the previously provided estimate (May + 5 months). Not meaning to add pressure to you. I'm just curious if this is on-track or if there has been some change to that. :)

Getting the model perfected took far longer than originally anticipated, as i have gone through several revisions after test printing
and resin printing to ensure the highest quality of finish as well as manufacturing speed.

Great update! Just out of curiousity, what silicone and alloy are you using? I have worked with Smooth-On and Polytek platinum cured silicone along with Silpak R2234. As far as metals I have worked with Roto Metals R98 and just basic lead. Your results are fantastic!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back