Black Widow - The Avengers Movie Style

Lady S

I've found a few wonderful photos of the new Black Widow which I had been planning on doing. I know I can't be the only one thinking of this costume, so who else is interested?

Ooh interesting seam changes... And my hair is currently a slightly more natural tone than that with the same cut. Which is pretty funny as I have been moaning about my new do for some time ;)

Tempted. Really quite tempted. Especially as I am playing with fun new chemicals and still have my length of fabric I showed in the old Black Widow thread.

Hope to see photos of your progess though :)

I am dying to make this for my girlfriend to compliment my Iron Man suit.. however I cannot sew worth a **** and I'd love to find a compatible store bought base suit.

MBD, it's funny you say that, cause I've decided to to do this hair before I even decided to do the costume! My hair grows wicked fast so for the past few months I knew I wanted to cut it short again after DragonCon. I just didn't know what style. Until I saw the break out poster for her at SDCC and it was love at first sight. In fact, now that D*C is over, I'm making an appointment to do it this weekend!!

I will definitely be posting progress pics, but this will be a slow progress for me. I plan to take my time and do it right.

Any ideas on what I could use as a good starter base for the suit? I have looked into zentai.. but nothing in a satin finish.. everything is made to look wet.. and if I do find a satin version.. no collar or zipper. I just wish I could find a close-enough base.. and go from there.

Let me know your thoughts LadyS.

Cheers!

MBD, it's funny you say that, cause I've decided to to do this hair before I even decided to do the costume! My hair grows wicked fast so for the past few months I knew I wanted to cut it short again after DragonCon. I just didn't know what style. Until I saw the break out poster for her at SDCC and it was love at first sight. In fact, now that D*C is over, I'm making an appointment to do it this weekend!!

I will definitely be posting progress pics, but this will be a slow progress for me. I plan to take my time and do it right.

You costume at DC was great! I'm sure this will be as well
931bb2ac.jpg

Graphic Jordan you won't find anything like it for ready purchace. looking closely I swear this looks like neoprene. Look at the folds and seams at the knee, the fabric is extremely thick and has even less give than the first suit.
There vertical seams look glued, sealed on the inside? But the exposed zip suggests this is not a wetsuit ;)

Heh, the seams remind me a bit of Samara from Mass Effect 2, the torso ones at least. They are functional as well as decorative as they do allow for good shaping around the chest.

I was not a willing participant in my har cut ;) Well I asked for it but it wasn't really by choice. I've lost about 2/3 (maybe even more actually) of my hair in the last year and that was after it finally grew back after the previous two bouts of hair loss. Yay medication. Walking or hair.. hmmm ;) Luckily the new stuff doesn't seem to be making me make that choice :) But I am lucky if it will grow faster than an inch every two months.

Love your costume as is but this new one looks really cool too. I like the Black Widow red on the front. Just adds that little extra sumthin sumthin

Graphic Jordan: I agree with MBD. It looks neoprene. If you are wanting to do a store bought base, maybe modify a wet suit?

Protokev: Thanks! That's a great pic. It's definitely fun to do and I won't stop with the comic style, either. But I really want this version as well since I completely fell in love with it when I first saw it at SDCC.

MBD: It definitely looks like neoprene. I plan to make it from scratch and not modify something already bought. I think that might be the only way to get the zipper and seams right. What I love about it, though, is that it's not exactly skin tight. There's some give in the chest and you can see where it bunches at the elbows. It's all practical.

Sorry to hear about your hair, though. Hopefully this new stuff continues to work well.

Chris: NO WE DIDN'T!! I feel so lame now. But your costume (And Liz's) was so amazing! I love your Cap. :D

BoozeBeGood: Thank you very much. :D

ya i'll be doing this for NYCC...I'll end up draping the whole thing and getting 2MM neoprene I guess...I wish they had either used the same costume or something more different than the first one. This won't be too exciting a build.

My 6 year old as Thor...THAT will be fun.

I'm thinking a 3mm would work well. Her's definitely seems a bit thicker than the picture in that link, but not by much.

What I want to do, is get samples and look at them in person.

You know- the texture looks almost like a polyweave, like the kind recycleable bags are made of. Perhaps a layered suit? Neoprene is gonna be hella hot.

I'm just excited about the boots.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back