Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

I think Ill pass on the Clone. Still hoping for a Biggs helmet to complete the Luke/Wedge/Biggs trio though.

I am probably going to pass on this clone helmet. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but I picked up an MR version a while back real cheap without stand and documents. But if they come out with the Ahsoka Trooper or some other cool paint deco, I would be very interested. Also if can get a good deal on the standard, I‘d cave.

And I too would love a Biggs helmet.

I pre-ordered my Bo-Katan through Hasbro. Projected November street date. Shipped in July. I still haven't seen any in stores.
Judging from the quality control they should have waited. I’ve yet to see one Bo-Katan paint job that isn’t misaligned. Once it was pointed out I can’t un-see it. Luckily mine isn’t as bad as others

Edit: dropped a pic to show horrible misprints that have been coming out
6A33FEA0-8127-4B26-A7E0-8BC15997FECB.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I knew the Bo was bigger than the film asset, I never intended to keep its factory paint job. That's one thing I forget to mention with any of the Black Series helmets -- none of them do I treat as a finished article, but a starting point to work from.

Someone got a hold of one of the new BS Clone Troopers!!View attachment 1633518
Yep. It has the inaccuracies I had mentioned earlier, but maybe the visor could be modded without having to repaint.

The cheek stripes being recessed is also new for Kenobi but I doubt that those could be filled (if you want that) without having to repaint it afterwards.

I had once tried to mod my BS R1 TK helmet using ABS goo from the helmet itself as filler and re-polish it afterwards, but I found that the helmet's plastic was too translucent, so I couldn't fill the stripes without the edges showing as darker contours. I tried various ways to fix it using a hot chisel and more ABS goo but only proceeded to make it worse. I suspect that it would be the same with this helmet, unfortunately ...

Last edited:
Yep. It has the inaccuracies I had mentioned earlier, but maybe the visor could be modded without having to repaint.

The cheek stripes being recessed is also new for Kenobi but I doubt that those could be filled (if you want that) without having to repaint it afterwards.
I had tried to mod my BS R1 TK helmet using ABS goo from the helmet itself as filler and re-polish it afterwards, but I found that the helmet's plastic was too translucent, so I couldn't fill the stripes without the edges showing as darker contours. I tried various ways to fix it using a hot chisel and more ABS goo but only proceeded to make it worse.
I feel that even to make it accurate to the R1 helmet it's supposed to represent, the BS TK needs more work done than just correcting the cheek-tube vents, and to make it OT-accurate (in an idealized way) requires much more still. I feel like it's about the easiest thing to repaint, though, if one is doing minimal alterations. Mask the traps and tears and frown and the rubber bits and ear greeblies (and do something about the battery door and speakers, perhaps), and paint it with Rustoleum Professional Grade, and, once it's cured for a week or two, you've coated the helmet -- and any filling you've done -- with polished ABS. Plus it's UV stabilized so it won't yellow.

I still plan to get a couple of the BS P2 Clones to play around with and see what I can do.

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series Trapper Wolf Electronic Helmet Roleplay​

$74.99 + $5.99 flat rate shipping
picked another one up from the BB sale for my next repaint.. looking to do a Jaina Solo for my wife, and then another custom of my own design for myself. Anyone else grab one?

...I notice a few inaccuracies in the BS helmet compared to the Kenobi:
• Visor is too angular. The corners in the middle should be rounded more, as should the left and right edges...
• Teeth spacing is wrong. The central tooth is thinner in Kenobi. (I think the ROTS version has a wider middle tooth than in Kenobi, but not this wide)
I think maybe Hasbro is going for the look of the helmets in "The Clone Wars". They have angular visor surrounds and a much wider front tooth. The only thing I can see that's wrong is the grey stripe, which is too wide and not curved at the bottom. I think I may buy one of these and paint it as a 332nd Company helmet.

I finally broke down and ordered the Bo-Katan helmet a few days ago. I got a $50 gift card for Amazon, and they dropped it to right under $100, so effectively got it for $50 out of pocket.

Can’t wait to open it and see if the graphic was applied straight on the helmet. My first Boba Fett helmet was aligned terribly, and I had to return it. Hopefully, I have better luck with this one!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back