Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p o_O :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D (y) (y) (y) (y) :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone here please make a good Cody kit to add on to this.

Okay:

One for battle damaged/weathered.(y)

One for 501st(y)

One for Cody.(y)

Booyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The recessed cheek stripes are interesting. Is this based on the Kenobi or Andor versions?
They retconned the cheek stripes in the Kenobi version. (I didn't see it before you pointed it out and I went to look...)
They also made the armour and helmet glossy, whereas the finish was more flat in the movies.

I notice a few inaccuracies in the BS helmet compared to the Kenobi:
• Visor is too angular. The corners in the middle should be rounded more, as should the left and right edges.
• Ends of grey band near the temples are too angular: they should not be a curve and a straight line but a continuous curve.
• Cheek stripes look taller than in Kenobi. The backmost stripe should be a few mm higher up.
• Teeth spacing is wrong. The central tooth is thinner in Kenobi. (I think the ROTS version has a wider middle tooth than in Kenobi, but not this wide)

BTW. the Kenobi helmet is filled black between the teeth like the ROTS 3D models, but nobody wants that. MR's helmets too have mesh there ... and also no neck ring to speak of.

I really dislike the cheek stripes now being recessed. In ROTS, they had been made to look painted on, with many variants being chipping or faded, and with carbon-scoring weathering layered on top. Clone Commander Gree didn't even have cheek stripes on his helmet.

Last edited:
This makes me wonder how the BS Vader faceplate would look paired with one of the larger Rubies Vader domes from the early 2000s...
Probably like this ;)

The newer version would look a bit better with the longer neck and contrasting paint.

20221018_151655.jpg

This makes me wonder how the BS Vader faceplate would look paired with one of the larger Rubies Vader domes from the early 2000s...

I have been hoping someone would post a pic of just that.

I have had great luck using those domes, with an improved center strip, on other custom Vader helmets. I just don't have my Hasbro Vader yet.

Glad to see it happened. (y) :lol:

They retconned the cheek stripes in the Kenobi version. (I didn't see it before you pointed it out and I went to look...)
They also made the armour and helmet glossy, whereas the finish was more flat in the movies.

• Visor is too angular. The corners in the middle should be rounded more, as should the left and right edges.
• Ends of grey band near the temples are too angular: they should not be a curve and a straight line but a continuous curve.
• Cheek stripes look taller than in Kenobi. The backmost stripe should be a few mm higher up.
• Teeth spacing is wrong. The central tooth is thinner in Kenobi. (I think the ROTS version has a wider middle tooth than in Kenobi, but not this wide)

BTW. the Kenobi helmet is filled black between the teeth like the ROTS 3D models, but nobody wants that. MR's helmets too have mesh there ... and also no neck ring to speak of.

I really dislike the cheek stripes now being recessed. In ROTS, they had been made to look painted on, with many variants being chipping or faded, and with carbon-scoring weathering layered on top. Clone Commander Gree didn't even have cheek stripes on his helmet.
I think Gentle Giant made the original Hasbro Clone figures. If I remember correctly they had access to digital assets. Since DST bought GG I noticed Hasbro has updated their clone figure to a new sculpt. This helmet matches those figures which are not very screen accurate.

Got my Mando via Target so we'll see if they offer this as it gets closer to shipping date. Looks like another winner! Still need a TIE fighter, though.

BudaFett, to quote Darth Lars, nine posts above yours...

...and janglesworthy, five posts above yours:
I think Gentle Giant made the original Hasbro Clone figures. If I remember correctly they had access to digital assets. Since DST bought GG I noticed Hasbro has updated their clone figure to a new sculpt. This helmet matches those figures which are not very screen accurate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back