BIOFREAKS MASK W.I.P

bweapon

Hi, these are pics i took a little while ago and have only just managed to put up. This is my attempt at sculpting the drawing that won my competition. I've got a couple of shots of it at about 80% complete, now after being finished its buried in ultracal so once i can afford some latex i'll post some pics of pulls up.
the teeth are just temporary.
The otehr pic is of a comparsion between the sculpt and drawing, then i have used photoshop to lay over the two so you can see the likeness..
the right side of the head is pulled out more than the drawing but with this being built to wear as a mask i chose to go with the wider line of symmetry...

sam0214j.jpg.png

sam0215i.jpg.png

sam0216k.jpg.png

finalmr.jpg.png

Sorry for the dark pics, never was very good at photography.
facehugger dread tie started...

sam0217e.jpg.png

sam0218u.jpg.png

That looks mean! I like it alot. Do you have any side shots of the head?

What type of clay is this? I am curious, I am going to purchase some and I am surveying a few sculptors to see what the consensus is...

that is really f-in cool man! love the concept, which was perfectly brought forth to our 3 dimensions! really cool bud, really cool! love how you have the long fangs coming up from the bottom instead of down like P2, among other details.

amazing comparison!great job man!so jazzed to grip this bad boy!the larger crown is def a improvement!!!
hope the casting goes well!!!good luck!

That looks mean! I like it alot. Do you have any side shots of the head?

What type of clay is this? I am curious, I am going to purchase some and I am surveying a few sculptors to see what the consensus is...

hi, thanks.
no, i dont have any side photos of it before it went to cast but ill get some of the first pull...
and, its called WED clay. Its really nice and light to work with and dries at a reasonably slow rate with it being a cross between oil and water based...
Also its really easy to use dried out scraps again as you can just add water and leave over night in a sealed container to re-hydrate, saves money.

That looks the **** man!....very accurate to the drawing.....I like this bloke.....lots of charater.....well done to BOTH of you.

That looks the **** man!....very accurate to the drawing.....I like this bloke.....lots of charater.....well done to BOTH of you.

Hahaaha, 'the ****' .. nice

Does anyone know where i can get nicely priced but good quality casting materials and latex even clay in the UK?
Thanks.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back