bio mask concept

ofak

predatormask277.jpg

predatormask276.jpg

predatormask272.jpg

predatormask266.jpg

predatormask275.jpg

predatormask268.jpg

I started doing my bio mask in a mosaic like pattern, after building pools and spas (some time ago) i always liked the mosaic look. I also thought this type of look appears alien to me. Below is a picture of a mosaic rock look for reference.
mosaic.jpg

Below is a picture of my custom cannon i built with the same look that the whole suit will be matching.
predatormask181.jpg

predatormask184.jpg

Below is the bio mask, it takes a lot of time to do this, each piece is hand cut and fit. (made out of foamies) after each piece is done, i will then add the detail of alien symbols. I am going back and forth on a color scheme though.
Opinions wanted...
predatormask208.jpg

predatormask207.jpg

Gonna "seal" the joints with caulk? I think it's a pretty cool idea, myself. Since it is a rock motif, you could make paint it as such. Just decide upon from what environment your Pred character originates and go with the rock colors found in that location...

Gonna "seal" the joints with caulk? I think it's a pretty cool idea, myself. Since it is a rock motif, you could make paint it as such. Just decide upon from what environment your Pred character originates and go with the rock colors found in that location...

Not going to seal it with chalk, going to leave the grout joints the way it is, hoping that it well add depth and the brake up of the whole piece to hopefully give it the look i want. As far as the color scheme i couldn't agree with you more. The environment as you say yes!! But at the same time i want it to look rustic and old and flat without throwing to many colors in there.

Well i got a little more done, I have been so busy lately with work and a wedding coming up O: I wish i had more time!!!!

predatormask211.jpg

predatormask210.jpg

predatormask209.jpg

That's looking cool, you going to go with other Roman-esque bits for your predator?
As far as the Roman look Im not sure, Im still going back and forth on styles, i am not trying to rush it you know? But I do like the Roman look idea for some parts of the suit (armor). I know that i want to keep the Mosaic look going for sure but want to add a little pazaz like a Ghoul hunter style (Uratz). Thanks for the comments and support guys, it keeps me motivated :D

in the words of Mr. Spock, "Fascinating"

Can't wait to see how that comes out - I used a lot of the self adhesive foam on a bio mask of my own and got a good sharp metal edge look on all of it with drybrushing and weathering.

- looking forward to seeing the final fininsh on your project

Cathat

in the words of Mr. Spock, "Fascinating"

Can't wait to see how that comes out - I used a lot of the self adhesive foam on a bio mask of my own and got a good sharp metal edge look on all of it with drybrushing and weathering.

- looking forward to seeing the final fininsh on your project

Cathat
Yea Im using the self adhesive foamies as well, i love them. I need suggestions on the middle symbol, i want that to stand out some (once its painted) so i thought about not putting any holes or alien symbols on there to make it stand out. What do you guys think i should do? Maybe just paint it a little different there? Once this wedding is over with i can finally get cracking on my whole suit!!!! I am slacking bad ;)

Started working on the breathing tube apparatus, I used parts off a calculator and a pen casing...
predatormask213-1.jpg

predatormask214.jpg

predatormask216-2.jpg

predatormask212.jpg

I also brought the mouth piece out a bit using Loctite A and B putty...(I didn't like the snubbed nose look)
predatormask208-1.jpg

predatormask210-1.jpg

After the putty was dry, I used JB weld so the foamies would adhere to it...
predatormask215-1.jpg

I got a little more done on the mosaic armor...
predatormask211-1.jpg

I like this a lot dude. this idea is very original and that needs to be done a lot more. This will be a nice piece for any collection bro. Keep it up.

I like this a lot dude. this idea is very original and that needs to be done a lot more. This will be a nice piece for any collection bro. Keep it up.

Thanks Kammo, I am so close to finishing this but don't have the time, words of encouragement definably helps.

damn that is pretty bad-ass dude,...
you gonna do the armor the same way ????

looks likie a style that would translate well thru the whole suit,...ya know ???

damn that is pretty bad-ass dude,...
you gonna do the armor the same way ????

looks likie a style that would translate well thru the whole suit,...ya know ???

Yes sir, i think i am doing it the hard way though as far as the foamies, but the cheap way. One thing about the grout joints are that they will not look as bad from mistakes made by me after paint, but i get stuck doing the detail work and act to much like a perfectionist.

The whole suit will match this look, but i need to stop being so damn picky!

i like the flat black on top of dirty chrome ,....i thought you were gonna leave it like this,....

and i def like what foamies are capable of,.....super light which is the best part,...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back