Big Bang theory prop help

Love the rug. Yes, it's as close as you're likely to get without having a custom rug made. In fact, if you got multiple pics of it to stitch together, the middle of YOUR carpet could be used as the base for a higher rez jpg of the show carpet.

Love the rug. Yes, it's as close as you're likely to get without having a custom rug made. In fact, if you got multiple pics of it to stitch together, the middle of YOUR carpet could be used as the base for a higher rez jpg of the show carpet.
A lot of places say they do custom work and then once you contact them they're like oh we're not accepting custom work currently lol I figured consider considering everything else wasn't 100% spot on that was probably about as close as I could get plus I think the show actually uses a 5 by 8 or 8' 6". Because the length of the couch and those Persian rugs are sometimes a few inches longer it's at least a 5 by 8

that's a really good carpet, really gives the feel of the original Big Bang room, you were 100% right to go for it :) your room is starting to look pretty cool :)

that's a really good carpet, really gives the feel of the original Big Bang room, you were 100% right to go for it :) your room is starting to look pretty cool :)
Greatly appreciated. I'm on the lookout for the ecktorp chair from ikea, I have the correct NOS cover But finding the actual chair is gonna take some time although ikea now makes one similar called the upland but the cover does not fit it. Also on the lookout for a banker's chair and I think I found a coffee table that is extremely close, minus the gear for the center.

So the closest table I have found so far is this one. And I had plans on actually spraying the base to match what is seen on screen. The one on screen is around I believe 36" and the gear in the middle is too foot. I will have to scale mine down as the table I will be ordering is 30" which would move the gear to be around 18" to keep the proportions correct. Does anyone have any ideas to actually make the center gear? I thought about maybe making it out of some Plywood however I would like to have something that could still have the thickness but not be so heavy my plans were to act or 2 actually make the center gear the center gear maybe cut it to where the center hole would fit up against the bass glue it and then glue the other piece onto it as I don't believe the top and base of the table come apart but if cut correctly I don't think you would see the seam. I honestly wish there was something that was thick enough to actually maybe even be 3-D printed so all I would have to do is have the project outsourced lol and then just paint it once it arrived. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-115359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-115359_Chrome.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 80
  • 190516-final-season-big-bang-theory-ew-108p.jpg
    190516-final-season-big-bang-theory-ew-108p.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
  • 20220419_175940.jpg
    20220419_175940.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
you know that shapeways can print very large items? I mean, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your message, but if you would prefer for the gear to be printed, it is certainly possible to do it.
cheers

you know that shapeways can print very large items? I mean, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your message, but if you would prefer for the gear to be printed, it is certainly possible to do it.
cheers
Yes I was asking for any Materials that might be light enough to add enough to actually make the gear, Then I thought I wonder if 3-D printing would be possible I'm not gonna lie I'm very very very new to that type of stuff and definitely don't have the know how lol so I was curious if whatever material is used in printing is light enough to make and not add more stress and excessive weight to the table making it top heavy. Hopefully that makes sense lol however however if I am able to find someone to 3-D print it for me I'm gonna have to wait till the table comes in so I have a exact size and measurement of the center hole needed for the middle

As they say devils in the details.. If any of the cast are ever in Kentucky and get nostalgia they always have a place in my living room for a quick meal or watch a movie with commentary on of course lol

Attachments

• 20220729_132452.jpg
    20220729_132452.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 20220729_132512.jpg
    20220729_132512.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
Is the glass just sitting on the stand? Is it removable? Can you fabricate a gear to go under the glass?

Is the glass just sitting on the stand? Is it removable? Can you fabricate a gear to go under the glass?
Yes there's actually a little Round top that actually bolts into the center post they're post and the bottom also bolts in, So literally all I have to do is take off the bottom and slide the gear from the bottom up to the top I was debating making the small disk and cylinder at the bottom of the stand as well but I may just leave this leave the bottom the way it is definitely want to get the gear though I think it would look really good the the way it's going I think I'm going to need about a 20" gear as the table is 30" And to keep things in proportion with the 36" table that they have I think 20" would look really goo

Even though the carpet does not match exactly, I say I wouldn't even notice it didn't match if I didn't already know it.

Even though the carpet does not match exactly, I say I wouldn't even notice it didn't match if I didn't already know it.
Yeah trust me I looked over a 1000 different designs I even contacted several companies but none of them would make a custom honest guide rug they could print them but the Quality wasn't the same so I went with the closest I could get plus the dimensions are a little bit smaller for the area I need to work with. Same goes with the blue wool rug as well. It's a little bit smaller than the actual one on the show but it gives the look I think.

Interesting, it looks like they maybe had a different "chest" at one point:
View attachment 1545869
Hopefully I didn't miss this reading through the thread, but I don't think this is a different box. You can tell by the handle that this looks like the same box upside-down. In a lot of the other shots you can tell there's a knob or something on the 'back side' (facing the couch). I believe this shot is showing that side of the box and the larger greeblies are facing the couch... (And the wide trim is on top in this photo as well...)
Or this was before they added the larger greeblies and flipped it over?
The wood grain doesn't look right I guess (and no scratches), but some of that could be due to the brightness of the photo...

WB website shows pictures of people sitting on the couch... Do they actually let you do that? I might just have to take the tour, and if I can get that close (and they allow photographs) I can try to photograph the hell out of that chest... :)

Edit-
Interesting comment from Ann from an interview in 2012:
"Where I got a lot of it was an Aerospace Scrap yard. It’s where I got a lot of the cool rocket parts and stuff like that and vintage electronic devices – and literally it’s a scrap yard. It’s like a junk yard. And so we were digging for days, excavating these things. Just the coolest things we could find. There actually are some rocket parts from famous rockets in there. Although they weren’t marked and now I can’t tell you what they were! But there might be an Apollo something!"

Last edited:
Hopefully I didn't miss this reading through the thread, but I don't think this is a different box. You can tell by the handle that this looks like the same box upside-down. In a lot of the other shots you can tell there's a knob or something on the 'back side' (facing the couch). I believe this shot is showing that side of the box and the larger greeblies are facing the couch... (And the wide trim is on top in this photo as well...)
Or this was before they added the larger greeblies and flipped it over?
The wood grain doesn't look right I guess (and no scratches), but some of that could be due to the brightness of the photo...

WB website shows pictures of people sitting on the couch... Do they actually let you do that? I might just have to take the tour, and if I can get that close (and they allow photographs) I can try to photograph the hell out of that chest... :)

Edit-
Interesting comment from Ann from an interview in 2012:
"Where I got a lot of it was an Aerospace Scrap yard. It’s where I got a lot of the cool rocket parts and stuff like that and vintage electronic devices – and literally it’s a scrap yard. It’s like a junk yard. And so we were digging for days, excavating these things. Just the coolest things we could find. There actually are some rocket parts from famous rockets in there. Although they weren’t marked and now I can’t tell you what they were! But there might be an Apollo something!"
Interesting! You'd have to go through every episode to makes sure I guess haha, I just thought the box looked taller in that picture than in the others.
And the tour does seem to include sitting on the couch haha, so if you're in the area: Studio Tour - Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood - Los Angeles, California - Official Site

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back