Big Bang theory prop help

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Love the rug. Yes, it's as close as you're likely to get without having a custom rug made. In fact, if you got multiple pics of it to stitch together, the middle of YOUR carpet could be used as the base for a higher rez jpg of the show carpet.

Kypropguy

Love the rug. Yes, it's as close as you're likely to get without having a custom rug made. In fact, if you got multiple pics of it to stitch together, the middle of YOUR carpet could be used as the base for a higher rez jpg of the show carpet.
A lot of places say they do custom work and then once you contact them they're like oh we're not accepting custom work currently lol I figured consider considering everything else wasn't 100% spot on that was probably about as close as I could get plus I think the show actually uses a 5 by 8 or 8' 6". Because the length of the couch and those Persian rugs are sometimes a few inches longer it's at least a 5 by 8

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
that's a really good carpet, really gives the feel of the original Big Bang room, you were 100% right to go for it :) your room is starting to look pretty cool :)

Kypropguy

that's a really good carpet, really gives the feel of the original Big Bang room, you were 100% right to go for it :) your room is starting to look pretty cool :)
Greatly appreciated. I'm on the lookout for the ecktorp chair from ikea, I have the correct NOS cover But finding the actual chair is gonna take some time although ikea now makes one similar called the upland but the cover does not fit it. Also on the lookout for a banker's chair and I think I found a coffee table that is extremely close, minus the gear for the center.

Kypropguy

So the closest table I have found so far is this one. And I had plans on actually spraying the base to match what is seen on screen. The one on screen is around I believe 36" and the gear in the middle is too foot. I will have to scale mine down as the table I will be ordering is 30" which would move the gear to be around 18" to keep the proportions correct. Does anyone have any ideas to actually make the center gear? I thought about maybe making it out of some Plywood however I would like to have something that could still have the thickness but not be so heavy my plans were to act or 2 actually make the center gear the center gear maybe cut it to where the center hole would fit up against the bass glue it and then glue the other piece onto it as I don't believe the top and base of the table come apart but if cut correctly I don't think you would see the seam. I honestly wish there was something that was thick enough to actually maybe even be 3-D printed so all I would have to do is have the project outsourced lol and then just paint it once it arrived. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-115359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-115359_Chrome.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14
  • 190516-final-season-big-bang-theory-ew-108p.jpg
    190516-final-season-big-bang-theory-ew-108p.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220419_175940.jpg
    20220419_175940.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
you know that shapeways can print very large items? I mean, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your message, but if you would prefer for the gear to be printed, it is certainly possible to do it.
cheers

Kypropguy

you know that shapeways can print very large items? I mean, I'm not entirely sure what you mean in your message, but if you would prefer for the gear to be printed, it is certainly possible to do it.
cheers
Yes I was asking for any Materials that might be light enough to add enough to actually make the gear, Then I thought I wonder if 3-D printing would be possible I'm not gonna lie I'm very very very new to that type of stuff and definitely don't have the know how lol so I was curious if whatever material is used in printing is light enough to make and not add more stress and excessive weight to the table making it top heavy. Hopefully that makes sense lol however however if I am able to find someone to 3-D print it for me I'm gonna have to wait till the table comes in so I have a exact size and measurement of the center hole needed for the middle

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.