Better Call Saul Props

Last edited:
There are alot of items I was expecting to see in the auction which arent there. Some key items that come to mind, Mikes notepad (details on sons murder etc), WM business card, Jimmy Mcgill newspaper article, S&C business card, nacho shirts, all the other saul shirts and ties etc, marcos ring....

I suspect this is just the first initial auction quickly put together to coincide with the show wrapping up and to raise money for charity. Bob even auctioned his Season 6 crew shirts last week on ebay, and the prices were super high!

I just hope we get a better look at more of the 'paper props' etc down the road.

Lalos decanter set (as seen in PS auction) - readily available on amazon for those interested in a replica set

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-232823.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-232823.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 108
As one of the main item for auction,Hector's bell is a wrong version... Similar, but wrong. in S4E09, Lalo visits his uncle with his“Trophies”,You can clearly identify the details of the bell.The version they auctioned may have been used in breaking bad, Several versions do exist in breaking bad.

I think I see what you mean... the auction piece seems to have a substantially different button head (flattened and decorated as opposed to spherical and plain) and also a more pronounced step around the edge of the bell, at least based on the few scenes I've checked out. Granted, Propstore is being upfront in describing it as a back-up: "a duplicate of Hector's hero bell" which "may not have been used on screen."

Though I must admit I'm a little puzzled that the production did not procure a more identical back-up, especially considering that the Tested video notes it as being the SOLE back-up. I trust the studio provenance; I just would have imagined a higher standard of fidelity for such an already-iconic prop. I wonder if maybe it started out as a prototype, but then was retained as a back-up just in case? Or, perhaps the hero was a modification of this off-the-shelf form (button replaced, bell edge ground down), so the auction piece is unfinished and would have received those modifications if required? That could be consistent with its lack of weathering... Trying to give the props department the benefit of the doubt that they didn't just overlook the details!

Both styles of bell were used on Breaking Bad, so the "back up" may mean it was on hand in case they ended up needing to match a certain scene from that series... ?

I must apologize for my carelessness. After I recheck .In S6E03. “Execution nacho” scene (38:40),Hector did use that version bell.
It's a very important scene, but I missed it. I've been watching the meeting between Lalo and Hector. I'm a fool. sorry for misleading everyone.
here some picture.
bell1.png
bell2.png

bell3.png

As an apology, I have some additional information that might be of interest to some.

Mike's main cell phone in the show, didn't show up at the auction. That's a Motorola 650E.
This old-fashioned phone, which can not be programmed, hacked, is the ideal anti-tracking device for criminals.

Although he later bought another LG G359 filp phone, which appears in both desert(with saul) and village(with gus)scenarios, the 650e remains his primary phone of choice.

In previous seasons, Mike had used a regular version of the 650E with Motorola's regular logo on the front. In season four, his phone was replaced with a different suppliers version of the 650E with the logo “America Wireless ”.

QQ截图20220825143602.png
mike2.png

The phone that appeared in the auction, LG 6100, was used on S4E10 (45:30),that night Mike killed german engineer, Mike had the engineer call his wife to ask her to leave the US.
QQ截图20220825144603.png

As an apology, I have some additional information that might be of interest to some.

If you're referring to the bell observation, I don't see a particular need for apology; maybe "different" could be a more appropriate word choice than "wrong," but still, the fact that the auction lot appears to conspicuously differ from the onscreen version is worth noting from a replication standpoint since auction photos are often used for reference. Plus, as I mentioned, such a discrepancy is a bit surprising (though an explanation like the one proposed by Hecubus114 could make more sense of it).

[Edit: For some reason your message with the bell update didn't show up for me earlier - it just skipped from Hecubus114's reply to yours about Mike's phones. I see now. Understandable, though; when I did a spin through a few other scenes, I only spotted the Lalo meeting version as well. And it does still seem odd that they would switch between two versions in Better Call Saul, once the prop had already become iconic. To be sure, Hector doesn't go through multiple bells in the context of the story, right? It's possible that the props department wanted to give a nod to the multiple versions that appeared in Breaking Bad, but then that's a surprising level of "Easter egg" effort; you don't often hear of a production intentionally producing a continuity error! On the plus side, Propstore may be very interested to see your ID, since if it can be somehow verified that they only had two bells, then by default that must be the auction piece on screen.]

Last edited:
So, I assume anyone clicking in this thread is expecting spoilers, so I’ll be vague, since this in itself isn’t really a spoiler.

So glad I picked one of these up as soon as it first appeared this season. Even got the correct 75 cent version.

View attachment 1608700

Man am I going to miss this show :(
What year is your edition? I have a 1960 35 cent edition with similar art and a 1963 $1.25 edition with a different cover.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0769.jpeg
    IMG_0769.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
Anyone find Sauls Black and Gold Antler tie from Finale episode? Ive been searching but nothing yet..I hope it wasnt custom

It is routine for a studio to keep many items for their archives. That may be why you aren't seeing certain pieces.
They did something similar with Lost then a few months later held literally an aircraft hanger full in Santa Monica.
I kid you not they were even auctioning off the Plane wreck from the pilot!..
It was quite impressive but all I could afford was the Free badges... the prices were literally sky high!.

I got a hold of a shoe box very close to the one he uses for his "escape plan", and recreated the phone/package. This is the same kind of phone he gives Jeff and Buddy as well. Currently working on the CC Mobile style phone.

Shoebox Items_Color.jpg

Shoebox Items_Color 2.jpg

Hey y’all, posting here because I thought some of you might be interested.
I work in a prophouse in NM that Better Call Saul donated a lot of their props too, and with having being a frequent lurker here for a very long time, I know some of yall would be interested in getting some shots of items we have here but let me know.
Here’s a small list of items we have:
-Lots of props from the Neff Copiers scenes in Season 4, including many background hummels, production made plaques for Neff Copiers (Key to the city of Albuquerque, as well as business achievement plaques made out to Neff copiers) and production made 3D printed miniature copy machines for set dressing
-Kims resume she gives to Schweikart and Cokely, as well as branded Schweikart and Cokely file folders and bankers boxes.
-Kims desk/hutch she displays the Mesa Verde trophies on (we dont have the trophies but this is an item id love to replicate)
And then various other large items such as lamps from scenes in Sauls office (I believe), Neff Copiers, the bar from the warehouse where the German engineers lived, end tables, coffee tables, and couches from S&C and Chucks house, and a few more.

Hey y’all, posting here because I thought some of you might be interested.
I work in a prophouse in NM that Better Call Saul donated a lot of their props too, and with having being a frequent lurker here for a very long time, I know some of yall would be interested in getting some shots of items we have here but let me know.
Here’s a small list of items we have:
-Lots of props from the Neff Copiers scenes in Season 4, including many background hummels, production made plaques for Neff Copiers (Key to the city of Albuquerque, as well as business achievement plaques made out to Neff copiers) and production made 3D printed miniature copy machines for set dressing
-Kims resume she gives to Schweikart and Cokely, as well as branded Schweikart and Cokely file folders and bankers boxes.
-Kims desk/hutch she displays the Mesa Verde trophies on (we dont have the trophies but this is an item id love to replicate)
And then various other large items such as lamps from scenes in Sauls office (I believe), Neff Copiers, the bar from the warehouse where the German engineers lived, end tables, coffee tables, and couches from S&C and Chucks house, and a few more.
I’d love to see detailed photos of anything besides the furniture (unless it’s something featured/especially unique).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back