Better Call Saul Props

I had fun putting together Howard Hamlin's Duplicated Car Key (used by Saul to open and drive Howard's Jaguar) as seen in Better Call Saul, S06E03 - Rock and Hard Place, and S06 E04 - Hit and Run

The exact model of the RF ID Copier is slightly different, so the electronic components don't all 100% match up, but pretty close.

View attachment 1729362

View attachment 1729363

Here is what this prop consists of:

Vintage Jaguar Key (1990-1997) with "TBE1P" on it.
Currently available here: Blank Key for Vintage Jaguar ignition 1990-97 TBE1P Brand New | eBay

Single AA Battery-holder

1" Binder Ring

RF ID Copier/Duplicator

As I mentioned, the model I picked up isn't exact, but I am not sure if there is a way of knowing what is exact. There are some modifications that need to be done.

1. Remove the shell from the board.
2. Carefully superglue the rubber buttons to the front of the board. This is a little more tricky than it sounds because you don't want glue on the buttons, and there are also raised and depressed areas on the back of the button pad. You only want glue on the raised areas, which are hard to see.
3 . Remove the video screen by detaching the cable on the front of the board.
4. Unsolder the Speaker from the board.
5. Desolder the Speaker, Square Copper Loop, two large capacitors, and the two battery springs from the board.
6. Using red electrical tape, tape the leads to the speaker. Solder the speaker to the position where you desoldered the Square Cooper loop. Hot glue the speaker to the speaker to the upper center of the back of the board, with the leads in the 8 o'clock position.
7. Carefully use a pair of flat pliers to "crush" the square copper loop. It is a stranded wire altogether. Take your time with this, but you just want to make it a little ugly and misshapen. There are two thin leads coming off one corner of the loop. Look at the reference and position them to the top inside corner. Leave them hanging for now. Use a tiny bit of stranded copper wire to wrap around the loop through the left screw-hole of the board. Solder this wire so it can't come back apart, but leave it slightly loose so the loop will flop (you can see this happening as Saul is walking to Howard's car in S06E04).
8. With a dremel, cut small grooves in the bottom of the board about 1/8" below where you desoldered the battery springs. Reinsert these springs into these grooves and superglue in place.
9. Glue the battery box face-down (it is not functional) onto the back of the board. Solder the red lead to the battery spring on the right, cutting it to the appropriate length. Solder the black lead to the battery spring on the left, not cutting it, but bending up the excess.
10. Wrap the thin leads from the copper loop around the red lead of the battery box. Do so in a sloppy manner.
11. Take one of the keyrings off one of the fobs that came with the RFID copier. Allow the magnet of the speaker to hold it in place.
12. Clip the ringer binder through the screw hole on the opposite side to the copper loop.

Again, this is not perfect, but pretty darn close.
Thank you fantastic replica!!

Absolutely, it’s "Di Stefano of Italy", located in the fashion district of LA. They've assisted with wardrobe on other TV shows and films as well, including on 'Lucifer' and 'Suits'. Ties are from "Prime Neckwear".

Must warn you though that most of the fabrics seen on the show are discontinued now. Generally, it’s common practice in the tailoring industry to release new fabrics seasonally, and discontinue them after about a year to introduce more. This way, it keeps the current selection ‘fresh’ (I was told it’s almost like a yearly release of a new model car). The teal fabric I believe is discontinued, and the checkered is on its way out the door.

Standard colors such as Navy, black, grey are permanent though, and are considered “classic” fabrics. Hope this helps!
Awesome insight! Thank you so much :)
Recently I was looking into the ties that Gus wore in Better Call Saul... And there was this silver/gray one with a red oval pattern that he wore when blowing up Pollos Hermanos in S5. Couldn´t find it on Prime Neckwear and Google Lens wasn´t of any help either.
Do you have any idea where production might buy ties from? Since I´m from Europe I have no idea what stores are big or widely known in the US...

Attachments

• 1695817160075.png
    1695817160075.png
    752.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_19.png
    Screenshot_19.png
    2 MB · Views: 42
So I've been on the hunt for a good replica of Marco's/Saul's pinky ring, and recently came upon this:

Saul Goodman Jimmy McGill Ring 18k Plated-Gold Pinky Ring

I thought it looked pretty nice, but I am very hesitant to order from this site. The biggest red flag being (besides it being a site I've never heard of) that on the product page, it lists PayPal as a payment method, but when I went through the process of creating an account and checking out, there is no PayPal option. Your only choice is to enter credit card info directly. So I bailed. Bummer because it looks like a good replica.

There is a seller on Ebay/Etsy that sells a replica, but I don't find it particularly accurate (the stone is too wide/narrow).

Anyone else have luck with this item?

Awesome insight! Thank you so much :)
Recently I was looking into the ties that Gus wore in Better Call Saul... And there was this silver/gray one with a red oval pattern that he wore when blowing up Pollos Hermanos in S5. Couldn´t find it on Prime Neckwear and Google Lens wasn´t of any help either.
Do you have any idea where production might buy ties from? Since I´m from Europe I have no idea what stores are big or widely known in the US...
My apologies for the late reply! Only just now saw this under the tons of notifications I received. I have no idea where they would've bought them from, it seems the head of wardrobe bought the ties randomly from different shops. Saul's ties for example not only came from Prime Neckwear, but they sourced them from other companies, big ones including Ferragamo and Brioni. They probably did the same with Gus'. Since most designer manufacturer's routinely update and discontinue their tie fabric patterns every couple of months, it's hard to trace back through images alone

So I've been on the hunt for a good replica of Marco's/Saul's pinky ring, and recently came upon this:

I thought it looked pretty nice, but I am very hesitant to order from this site. The biggest red flag being (besides it being a site I've never heard of) that on the product page, it lists PayPal as a payment method, but when I went through the process of creating an account and checking out, there is no PayPal option. Your only choice is to enter credit card info directly. So I bailed. Bummer because it looks like a good replica.

There is a seller on Ebay/Etsy that sells a replica, but I don't find it particularly accurate (the stone is too wide/narrow).

I'm coming out from underneath my rock for this post.

Funny you mention this because I've been after one for a while, that'll complete my Saul jewellery set. I am considering giving this site a shot but like yourself, I'm relatively sceptical.

Do you mind linking the eBay ring? Wouldn't mind having a look.

Other than that, no luck unfortunately. I've considered going to my local jewellers and getting one made but if this eBay one isn't too far off and decently priced I may just pull the trigger, worst case, give this one a try.

Just an addon to this message: Just tried checking out on that site and upon checkout PayPal does seem to be an option for me which is a tad weird?

I just clicked the “pay with PayPal” option and it took me straight to PayPal checkout. Might wanna try now.

Was able to pick up a unique item - a production made/draft version of Saul's famous LWYRUP license plate. Came from Piece of the Past inc. who acquired it (along with a bunch of other props) directly from the archives of Earl Hays Press

What's funny is that the lettering and illustrations are all decals, presumably to illustrate what the final will look like

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
Was able to pick up a unique item - a production made/draft version of Saul's famous LWYRUP license plate. Came from Piece of the Past inc. who acquired it (along with a bunch of other props) directly from the archives of Earl Hays Press

What's funny is that the lettering and illustrations are all decals, presumably to illustrate what the final will look like
Man, there’s already people flipping the stuff from Earl Hays. The Batman Returns phone book jacket that went for under 75 bucks is back on eBay for $500. It’s not even competently accurate to what was on film. It makes me sick people just buy to flip.

In this case with the LWYRUP plate I acquired it directly from Piece of the Past. They had it up for auction originally, and the winner backed out. After a similar case again they ended up posting it for sale, and I bought it. But yeah, it's sucks to see people flipping other props for 10x the amount they paid for it

In this case with the LWYRUP plate I acquired it directly from Piece of the Past. They had it up for auction originally, and the winner backed out. After a similar case again they ended up posting it for sale, and I bought it. But yeah, it's sucks to see people flipping other props for 10x the amount they paid for it
Piece of the Past are great. I appreciate them for all they’ve done giving us the opportunity to own these things. What burns me is the flipper literally got the stuff from Piece of the Past last month on eBay and are flipping them with the PotP COA. On eBay.

If it only sold for $70 then maybe it’s only worth $70. And it’s not even screen accurate. The final on screen piece had a different spine, so it has no real screen time to be worth what they’re asking. Kinda amusing, kinda annoying.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back