Best way to clean/polish sabers?

BrooklynGuy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had some of my lightsabers packed away for awhile and am just going thru them. There is no damage to any of them but they just look a little dull. Wondering what is the best stuff to use to just clean them up. All of them are fan made sabers of machined aluminum. Any hints??
Thanks...

Had they been MR sabers, particular precautions should have been taken (because of the clear coat).

But with plain aluminum it's pretty straight forward. Hot soapy water, a soft sponge, Q tips for recessed areas, a clean rag to dry it out and a piece of chamois leather to remove fingerprints.

Mothers Mag polish is the best I've ever used. Its original use was for high polish 'mag wheels' for cars so you can find it in automotive supply stores. It works amazingly well even with hand polishing to restore a near mirror finish or with powered polishing wheels to create one.

This is what I used on my MHS saber. It's polish soaked cotton batting. You pinch off a piece and polish the saber. It will turn black. Let it dry for a few seconds and buff with a clean cloth. For a higher shine, use another piece. The more times you polish the brighter the shine. Eagle One is also a mag wheel polish.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back