Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

I did manage a spot of first stage weathering on this last night, after plenty of pain killers
image.jpg

Good evening fellow builders

Well it’s been a while since I posted anything or done any build work, as some might know I’ve got very sore hands and wrists that aren’t getting any better,
minimal real life work done, just enough to get by and pay the bills, 2 or 3 half days gets me what I need.

Sooo !
I thought I would share my find to the friends who have read and kept in touch with my build

The Vader neck collar grill is from a Philips radio
L3G36T
FCF7D790-736E-4BFD-90AD-E0DE069ED3E9.jpeg

Happy searching, they are like trying to find rocking horse poo

I unpacked a few things just after I packed them up for the workshop rebuild as I couldn’t resist doing something
It was brutal to say the least !
On the hands and the heart, can’t believe I’m cutting up this masterpiece !!
I finally cut the tubes of Vader and did a small filling in job
I’ve got to build up the sides and fit in some rails for a perfect fit together before I cut out the front grill
5F3A5973-5B7D-4AE3-97DC-CCC74A846DCA.jpeg
4986FDB5-2AAA-48F4-9872-469215A5C902.jpeg

Lots and lots of rubbing, filling and fitting to do

Filling, rubbing, looking at pictures, filling, rubbing looking at pictures OMG repeat repeat
and a splash of primer to check the lines

Before I started I noticed that some of the edges needed to be flattened and squared up, also I have to cut out the grill in the nose and replace with some nice new square edged (thingy stuff) technical term,
Both sides needed flattening out.
2A1C3CBD-1F56-4EC8-86C5-561E5C2CC4EC.jpeg

I started with putting filler on the flat edges on either side of the nose grill to flatten them out
E2DF78A6-AC1E-4486-BB1F-457C624E91C1.jpeg
945FB2A0-2FDB-4884-8425-7FB0CA6570E5.jpeg

Gave them a rub down to get some sort of flatness to them, still need to add a little more filler but I have to keep an eye the lower edge as I don’t want to over fill them because i have to position the cheek tubes at the lower joint ( you will understand later )
B33CE80A-D792-4775-B5E1-B5CB699F83CF.jpeg

I also worked on filling around the back of the dome, a quick flash of primer to check the lines, I also added filler to the Mask and lower jaw to start build up a flat edge where they both meet.

Checking and double checking reference pictures.
I still have loads of pictures to print off including another members reference pictures from his build
kurtyboy your a true gent
1955D1F5-3937-44D2-ADEE-F8804D87B453.jpeg

Now my hands are sore
Good night

Hi, I'm blown away by the level of detail that you put into your Darth Vader reveal mask, I've been looking for the internal parts for the lower jaw for the past few years now , just wondering if you could help me.

Thanks James
If I can help or if any other members can help that follow this thread I’m sure they will try
Hi, I'm blown away by the level of detail that you put into your Darth Vader reveal mask, I've been looking for the internal parts for the lower jaw for the past few years now , just wondering if you could help m

Hey Bengrim09 ... how are you doing these days? How are your hands doing? Just reaching out, whilest looking at my very own Vader Reveal project waiting for me to commence.

18581772_10213678941596474_1001650691154983127_n.jpg

With the celebration of 40 years Return of the Jedi coming up next year ... will you be able to return to this wonderful yet elaborate build thread and finish what you started? I for one will get in touch soon to order some parts you already finished and which are still lacking in my stash ... that said I read that your current mask set-up is slightly larger than before, does that imply that certain parts that go on the outside now will be significantly larger too?

Chaïm

Hey Bengrim09 ... how are you doing these days? How are your hands doing? Just reaching out, whilest looking at my very own Vader Reveal project waiting for me to commence.

View attachment 1643012

With the celebration of 40 years Return of the Jedi coming up next year ... will you be able to return to this wonderful yet elaborate build thread and finish what you started? I for one will get in touch soon to order some parts you already finished and which are still lacking in my stash ... that said I read that your current mask set-up is slightly larger than before, does that imply that certain parts that go on the outside now will be significantly larger too?

Chaïm
Hi Chaïm
Hands are manageable, I’m getting through the day with pain killers,
I was planning on getting back on the build in the new year to get it finished for the 40th anniversary, not changing anything size wise on the parts but I am working on some pieces as and when my hands work, also waiting on my new computer as my laptop is now not good enough for blender and my other 3d programs
I also Need to speak to another member (@skunky )for some black rubber pieces I need making for the inner mask, he has the moulds.

Going to refresh my knowledge on what I have and what I need to do over the Christmas holidays as most of my stuff is packed away

Thanks for your reply ... I shall patiently await the new year when you'll return to this project ... and once finished I shall order all the parts and pieces needed to complete mine :)

Chaïm

Well it’s certainly been a while since I was posting on here
Been lurking around and trying to get on with life as well as other stuff
Health wise !!! Meh been better but hey ho need to just get on
I hope I haven’t missed much gonna do some catching up and reading
Time to dust off my build and carry on
See you soon fellas and ladies if your watching

Hey up people, not much to update on but I’m still working (real life stuff) go a few little 3d print commissions finished off, still a few to finish.
Good news is I’m now working on a new Ribbed hose for the Vader reveal (left side ) couldn’t find my recent version, all the work I’d put into it was lost, soooooo I’ve had to start again
Will post some updates shots as and when I progress hopefully I don’t loose this version
IMG_7039.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back