Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did manage a spot of first stage weathering on this last night, after plenty of pain killers
image.jpg

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Good evening fellow builders

Well it’s been a while since I posted anything or done any build work, as some might know I’ve got very sore hands and wrists that aren’t getting any better,
minimal real life work done, just enough to get by and pay the bills, 2 or 3 half days gets me what I need.

Sooo !
I thought I would share my find to the friends who have read and kept in touch with my build

The Vader neck collar grill is from a Philips radio
L3G36T
FCF7D790-736E-4BFD-90AD-E0DE069ED3E9.jpeg

Happy searching, they are like trying to find rocking horse poo

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I unpacked a few things just after I packed them up for the workshop rebuild as I couldn’t resist doing something
It was brutal to say the least !
On the hands and the heart, can’t believe I’m cutting up this masterpiece !!
I finally cut the tubes of Vader and did a small filling in job
I’ve got to build up the sides and fit in some rails for a perfect fit together before I cut out the front grill
5F3A5973-5B7D-4AE3-97DC-CCC74A846DCA.jpeg
4986FDB5-2AAA-48F4-9872-469215A5C902.jpeg

Lots and lots of rubbing, filling and fitting to do

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Filling, rubbing, looking at pictures, filling, rubbing looking at pictures OMG repeat repeat
and a splash of primer to check the lines

Before I started I noticed that some of the edges needed to be flattened and squared up, also I have to cut out the grill in the nose and replace with some nice new square edged (thingy stuff) technical term,
Both sides needed flattening out.
2A1C3CBD-1F56-4EC8-86C5-561E5C2CC4EC.jpeg

I started with putting filler on the flat edges on either side of the nose grill to flatten them out
E2DF78A6-AC1E-4486-BB1F-457C624E91C1.jpeg
945FB2A0-2FDB-4884-8425-7FB0CA6570E5.jpeg

Gave them a rub down to get some sort of flatness to them, still need to add a little more filler but I have to keep an eye the lower edge as I don’t want to over fill them because i have to position the cheek tubes at the lower joint ( you will understand later )
B33CE80A-D792-4775-B5E1-B5CB699F83CF.jpeg

I also worked on filling around the back of the dome, a quick flash of primer to check the lines, I also added filler to the Mask and lower jaw to start build up a flat edge where they both meet.

Checking and double checking reference pictures.
I still have loads of pictures to print off including another members reference pictures from his build
kurtyboy your a true gent
1955D1F5-3937-44D2-ADEE-F8804D87B453.jpeg

Now my hands are sore
Good night

James Hammond

Hi, I'm blown away by the level of detail that you put into your Darth Vader reveal mask, I've been looking for the internal parts for the lower jaw for the past few years now , just wondering if you could help me.

Bengrim09

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks James
If I can help or if any other members can help that follow this thread I’m sure they will try
Hi, I'm blown away by the level of detail that you put into your Darth Vader reveal mask, I've been looking for the internal parts for the lower jaw for the past few years now , just wondering if you could help m

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.