Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Just thought I would leave this here
Back on Vader soon
just a couple of more helmets and things to finish first
E2A4274C-C0CA-4764-85B7-F9F8702D2BFB.jpeg
E96DB14A-7879-4969-B293-D3FD45AB9653.jpeg

Bad evening at the office
A633B430-C5F5-40EA-B26C-9FEBA2790BC1.jpeg
Things will just not stick, hot glue gun will not stick the lmk connectors to the grill.
Also the direct to vinyl spray I used on the collar (weeks ago ) feels constantly tacky and it’s starting to dull up the more I handle it
Arghhhhhhh

Sorry to hear/see that Ben. I would think maybe try a different type of glue for the gun or you may need to use epoxy. Not sure about the paint but maybe Marcus can comment.

Bengrimm09 - wanted to give a huge thanks for your exceptional work and willingness to share your progress on your reveal helmet. Working on an idealized version of my own and this thread is by far the single best resource I've seen. Bravo !

Bengrimm09 - wanted to give a huge thanks for your exceptional work and willingness to share your progress on your reveal helmet. Working on an idealized version of my own and this thread is by far the single best resource I've seen. Bravo !
Thanks but your really need to look at a master at work and look here

Thanks but your really need to look at a master at work and look here
Appreciated ! Just went through kurtboy's thread - exceptional work as well !

Well it’s certainly been a while

how’s everyone doing ?

No updates but I’m going to try and do something in the near future.

Been off for a while as I’ve not been able to do much with my hands as I’ve got tendinitis in both hands, been swollen and extremely sore, just sat around and watched rubbish TV, no work and no play makes me a boring and grumpy old git.
Slowly getting back to work and coping with the pain and wrist straps

Keep smiling people
Ben

I’m sorry to hear that man. Is that like carpal tunnel issues? My dad had that in both hands. Had surgery, & is doing fine now. Hope you’re able to find a solution. Living in pain, & suffering through crap TV, is no way to live.
Take care!

I’m sorry to hear that man. Is that like carpal tunnel issues? My dad had that in both hands. Had surgery, & is doing fine now. Hope you’re able to find a solution. Living in pain, & suffering through crap TV, is no way to live.
Take care!
Thanks russ
It’s a little bit like carpal, but more in the hands than the wrist,
I hate getting old and doing my hands on physical plumbing job isn’t doing me any favours, I want to retire and enjoy my hobby, the wife won’t let me

Bad evening at the office
View attachment 1463661Things will just not stick, hot glue gun will not stick the lmk connectors to the grill.
Also the direct to vinyl spray I used on the collar (weeks ago ) feels constantly tacky and it’s starting to dull up the more I handle it
Arghhhhhhh
Great process so far Ben.:)
Hotglue is not the best option.I used E6000 and it works very good.You can also use black milliput if you want it really strong.
The material of the medical collar is really a nightmare to paint.Mine lost the paint after months under the bottom because the stuff is "sweating"over the time.Like the old MR rubber grips!;)

Well it’s certainly been a while

how’s everyone doing ?

No updates but I’m going to try and do something in the near future.

Been off for a while as I’ve not been able to do much with my hands as I’ve got tendinitis in both hands, been swollen and extremely sore, just sat around and watched rubbish TV, no work and no play makes me a boring and grumpy old git.
Slowly getting back to work and coping with the pain and wrist straps

Keep smiling people
Ben
Sorry for you...hope you can handle this problem in the near future.Thats really a nightmare for a propbuilder.Take care.

Welcome back Ben! I was going to reach out to you and check in since you've been so quiet. So sorry to hear about your health issues; I guess our vessels are showing their age. Cheers mate.

Welcome back Ben! I was going to reach out to you and check in since you've been so quiet. So sorry to hear about your health issues; I guess our vessels are showing their age. Cheers mate.
Definitely showing signs of ageing, I’ll be back on top, over did the work today my hands are falling off, took some pills and I’m having 4 days off

Thanks everyone for your concerns

Great process so far Ben.:)
Hotglue is not the best option.I used E6000 and it works very good.You can also use black milliput if you want it really strong.
The material of the medical collar is really a nightmare to paint.Mine lost the paint after months under the bottom because the stuff is "sweating"over the time.Like the old MR rubber grips!;)
Going to look for some E6000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back