Battle on Sullust. Bandai AT-ST diorama (1/48)

Hedonist Farmer

Hello everyone. i realized i never shared my most recent star wars diorama on the RPF so here we go. in case you are wondering the figures are from the board game Star Wars legion, they are not perfectly on scale with the bandai AT-ST but they still looks pretty nice i think. here is the complete diorama.
3o6dr7m.jpg

more pictures of the completed diorama
h37OBNA.jpg

fdpRiiv.jpg

some more in depth pictures of the process of assembling and painting of all the components
FZUcWvH.jpg

pgmFS11.jpg

i forgot to take progress pictures of the terrain building and painting, but it was basically all covered in black primer with several different layers of very thinned oil paints washes.

CjFnvnj.jpg

m8hlvwD.jpg

not screen accurate interiors, but barely any of this is going to show in the final product so i just had some fun.
2vJ5eai.jpg

9A2eO6h.jpg

XMlJcfT.jpg

all the weathering is done by airbrush and oils.
pgOB6YL.jpg

XSusbWo.jpg

8ida6eV.jpg

E2dgntA.jpg

2JabPbc.jpg

Uwgb8W8.jpg

hope you enjoyed and if you have any question feel free to ask.
cheers

Awesome job! Could you possibly take a picture of the legion troops next to the Chewbacca figure that comes with that Bandai kit? They seem really close in scale to the AT-ST...

Awesome job! Could you possibly take a picture of the legion troops next to the Chewbacca figure that comes with that Bandai kit? They seem really close in scale to the AT-ST...
Thanks. i tried to locate the wookie but it went missing, so no picture, but i looked on the internet and the general consensus is that Legion figures are 1/46 scale, so they come really close the Bandai 1/48.

Thanks. i tried to locate the wookie but it went missing, so no picture, but i looked on the internet and the general consensus is that Legion figures are 1/46 scale, so they come really close the Bandai 1/48.

I don't have any of the classic Stormtroopers painted yet, but here is the Speeder Bike with Bandai 1/48 Chewie and R2

28614403178_f6213b45d2.jpg

Being gaming miniatures, the figures are a bit "beefier"/"thicker limbed" than say a scale model figure would be, plus they are just a tiny bit larger than 1/48, but for the most part, they do not look out of place with most 1/48 vehicles.

Also like most gaming miniatures, they do not strictly adhere to scale and sometimes things can vary. Some figure might look bigger, others a little smaller

While the Legion AT-St is bigger than the 1/48 Bandai one, the Snowspeeders are actually smaller that the Bandai 1/48 one for example

I actually have the two speeder bikes... Was planning on a little diorama from Endor and scratch building one of those Ewok hang gliders... I'll have to get some of the troopers, too.

Really really great! I am just finishing the book Battlefront Twilight Company (for the 3rd time) love that story, love seeing this diorama!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back