Batman & Batgirl budget build (updated cowl 8/19/12)(pic heavy)

Re: Dark Knight WIP budget build pic heavy(...test fit)

I really enjoy people that do budget builds. Thanks for the step by steps it looks great.

(y)thumbsup And good luck with the daughter's build!

Is there anyway ya could show some suit up pics in better lighting like outside??? This is awesome sauce / Bacon too!!!!

laugh it up furball!!!! sent from my T- Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk.

have 4 days (2 weekends)to do a batgirl..

heres what i have so far....
DSC09111.jpg

DSC09110.jpg

did this last night after work..same method, cardstock, duct tape

DSC09112.jpg

plumbers putty again for brows..
DSC09115.jpg

DSC09116.jpg

painted...this will do for now....

will work on her corset next...

comments?suggestions?

thanks for looking:)

Re: Batman & Batgirl WIP budget build pic heavy(...kids cowl)

Wow, it is unbelievable how smooth you make those.

thanks....i'm really wishing that plasti-dip was commonly available here. quite sure it will turn out better if i had some. so for now its my poor mans version of plasti-dip.....elmers glue then spray paint(couple of layers) so it doesnt run when touched/handled with wet sweaty hands:lol

could you please explain in more detail how you made the cowls they are amazing

cant wait to see updates of this

could you please explain in more detail how you made the cowls they are amazing

cant wait to see updates of this

Duct Tape Batman Mask

here is a link i found before but after i have already done my first duct tape cowl, it is similar except i use strips of cardstock ( about an inch wide of various lengths) instead of a plastic shopping bag, and black duct tape instead of silver/gray. i start around the forehead then from front to back then side to side, then fill in spaces with more cardstock, all temporarily attached together with small pieces of duct tape, then when a basic helmet/head shape is visible, use more duct tape to grant a firmer piece, then cut out needed shapes from cardstock for the nose, brow,cheek, jowl and ears, apply more duct tape inside and out and make it as smooth as the duct tape will allow, before adding plumbers putty for a more details contour/shape. form the putty with any tools which will work for you, I use a ballpoint pen cap and my fingers, you can smooth it out with wet fingers. then paint to check for rough areas you may want to work on again.

did 3 hours worth of work despite being weekday....

DSC09120.jpg

duct tape base for gaunts...
DSC09122.jpg

DSC09123.jpg

DSC09129.jpg

thats it for her gaunts....for now...

DSC09125.jpg

the makings of her boots...

DSC09117.jpg

her belt...
DSC09130.jpg

compared to mine...

DSC09131.jpg

her cowl compared to mine...

initially tried gold for her accents...but she prefers yellow...

comment?suggestions?

thanks for looking:)

time for bed..:sleep

Last edited:
Re: Batman & Batgirl WIP budget build pic heavy(...some stuff done for kid's costume)

bat family... cool!:cool

nice work man...:)(y)thumbsup

Re: Batman & Batgirl WIP budget build pic heavy(...some stuff done for kid's costume)

You got some serious duct tape and general diy skills :thumbsup

Cheers for the link, will have to give this ago some time. I love the look that the tape gives it very unique, sort of what batman would really have if he wasn't a billionaire i guess :)

LOVE the updates cant wait to see the final thing.

Great stuff!

There are so many cool parents on this Board who build stuff for their kids. I only had Ben Coopers growing up...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back