Batman & Batgirl budget build (updated cowl 8/19/12)(pic heavy)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

omel

decided to remake my 4 night build, nothing movie accurate but this time just doing it when i have time and not under pressure, a budget, fun build for halloween.

stuff lying around the house, old cardboard calendars, duct tape, plumbers putty, pva glue and flat black spray paint......

obviously a work in progress...

side by side comparison with the old cowl...

full paint to check for areas of improvement...( a lot of areas lol )

this was half a days worth of work.:)

..will do the neck seal next...

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pRoJectEarth7

Re: dark knight duct tape redux

nice start there dude... good work!:):thumbsup ...would like to see how it fits...

cheers!

omel

salamat bro...this will look like trash compared to the awesome work you are doing with your ironman helmet hehe...

omel

Thanks, made a few improvements to the cowl since that pic, will post it along with the neck seal..

Judge Spartan

Sr Member

It amazes me every time I see a build like this, the quality of work with such basic materials. Very nice work.

omel

the neck seal ( used cardboard, duct tape, anti slip table runner, pva glue to coat,velcro, then black spray paint) and the finished (for now) cowl..

will work on the chest piece next...

Last edited:

omel

using mainly cardboard for this part ( but its still duct tape that holds it together when viewed from the back...)

the basic form...

...working on shoulder, arm armor next....

Last edited:

Judge Spartan

Sr Member

Omel, put the stuff on already, your killin me. I'm chewing on my fingernails and I NEVER do that... LOL...

omel

@ Judge Spartan - done with the prototype shoulder bells and arm armor, will show pics of the finished part with the rest of the finished stuff ( worn for a test fit ;) ), ...started the gauntlets....

omel

Re: Dark Knight duct tape remake

prototype shoulder bell and arm armor...

gauntlets....cardboard hot glued to bike arm guards...

cowl and neck seal test fit....

...and all of the finished parts so far...
excuse the roughness of the build, they are all done by guesstimate sizing and doing it by eye..

will do the abs armor next.....

Last edited:

Graphic Jordan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Dark Knight duct tape (..pics..test fit of finished parts...)

That looks insanely good my friend. That cowl is unbelievable. Cannot believe you did that with the materials you did that with. Brilliance.

Mole

This is great! The cowl looks amazing considering what it's made from.

omel

That looks insanely good my friend. That cowl is unbelievable. Cannot believe you did that with the materials you did that with. Brilliance.
thanks...being a pack rat has its perks...the raw materials (read...junk hehe) comes from the storage room full of stuff that should have been thrown away long ago. i would have loved to just purchase a cowl but one can only order it online from over here and the credit card statement will probably irk the wife :lol. so i make do with what i can scrounge.

omel

This is great! The cowl looks amazing considering what it's made from.
thanks..:), wasnt able to do much today ( ran out of duct tape..hehe, ) plus the wife and kid is under the weather.

but was able to make some improvements on the gauntlets and the arm armor, will post pics when i've figured out what i can use for the abs( aside from duct tape), and finish making it...