Batman (1989) Boot Armor Plating/Spats & Joker (1989) Guns/Gadgets

twoface1942

Hey, folks. I'm currently working on a Batman '89 cosplay and have hit a wall. I can't find the boot armor coverings anywhere except foam templates.

I'm also on the lookout for replicas of Joker's guns (the long-barrel and bang-flag) and gadgets (the joy-buzzer). Does anyone have any advice on where to get these pieces? Thanks!

Hey, folks. I'm currently working on a Batman '89 cosplay and have hit a wall. I can't find the boot armor coverings anywhere except foam templates.

I'm also on the lookout for replicas of Joker's guns (the long-barrel and bang-flag) and gadgets (the joy-buzzer). Does anyone have any advice on where to get these pieces? Thanks!
Magnoli could possibly do these as custom props for you

Would this article be of any assistance:
Specifically, this pic of one of the actual pair of boots (apparently):
batman-nike-air-trainer-3.jpg

Also, I found a 3d print version here:

Last edited:
View attachment 1739084

The boots are real, but the armor is not. They are replicas by David Pea. The original armor deteriorated and was replaced by David’s leather armor. He made them years before he had the license with his company Universal Designs.

I have a set. They’re nice.

IMG_0821.jpeg

View attachment 1739084

Also, that’s an interesting read. Mentions the owner of one of the original Returns boots giving it to a restorer who had it for SEVEN YEARS and stopped contacting him and went silent on responses. Then he has to hire a private investigator agency to get it back from him. That man is PJ Wares, aka TheBatSmith, aka Dark Deco Creations. He owes COUNTLESS people money from false promises, including myself for 2 grand. Beware. It’s good to see an article mentioning his shady practices.

Oh that 3D render has a fold down the center that shouldn’t be there. Don’t know why people do that hahaha

The boots are real, but the armor is not. They are replicas by David Pea. The original armor deteriorated and was replaced by David’s leather armor. He made them years before he had the license with his company Universal Designs.

I have a set. They’re nice.

View attachment 1739646
Also, that’s an interesting read. Mentions the owner of one of the original Returns boots giving it to a restorer who had it for SEVEN YEARS and stopped contacting him and went silent on responses. Then he has to hire a private investigator agency to get it back from him. That man is PJ Wares, aka TheBatSmith, aka Dark Deco Creations. He owes COUNTLESS people money from false promises, including myself for 2 grand. Beware. It’s good to see an article mentioning his shady practices.

Oh that 3D render has a fold down the center that shouldn’t be there. Don’t know why people do that hahaha
Thanks for the info; I didn't realize that about the boots in my first reply post. Also: sad to see way too many charlatans out there (RE PJ Wares)! o_O

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back