NECA 1989 Batman Utility Belt

Mine are out for delivery! The belt in that interview looks to be "snapping" the capsules from his fingers, like they're magnetically secured. It also seems to show off a slightly metallic paint finish instead of the raw yellow plastic in the promo pics. He may be holding a prototype (the pre-order was so close to release that I assumed they photographed a finished production sample) but here's to hoping the production belt comes painted.

Mine are out for delivery! The belt in that interview looks to be "snapping" the capsules from his fingers, like they're magnetically secured. It also seems to show off a slightly metallic paint finish instead of the raw yellow plastic in the promo pics. He may be holding a prototype (the pre-order was so close to release that I assumed they photographed a finished production sample) but here's to hoping the production belt comes painted.
Good catch! If you dont mind, please share some photos!!

Not gonna lie but I really doing feel like taking pics. I’m rather disappointed. It’s very stiff and it’s supposed to be 31.5 inches. I’m a 32 and there’s no way this is 31.5 cuz I need about 8 inces of the clicky strip in thr back. Once you do that the side pieces are stiff C shapes that wont budge and stress, making the cover to the phone thing pop off. I’ve had mine hit the ground about 4 times now. There are gaps in the pod gimmicks even after they clip into place. They click, no magnets in them.
The paint is basically a metallic sheen over yellow plastic
The buckle is thin in depth bit pretty thick in design. It has to be because of the stress put on it by the unforgiving belt straps. Also good luck trying to buckle it while wearing it.

The best things in the set are the smoke capsules. The tops come off so you can fill them with liquid or acrylic. And the Batmobile communicator is cool. Even if the side light is yellow and it’s missing The bat logo the hot toys had.
I’m wondering if leaving it in my hot car one day will help the shape.
7B539036-1552-453D-8CF5-3160E99DD1BA.jpeg
EDF4B165-603B-4BB3-8657-53950FB259BF.jpeg
A9E4FE29-57FD-47D7-9D63-3D06D2AA866D.jpeg

I appreciate the photos! Interesting to see the belt being a bit small (I am a size 30, so I'll let you guys now how it fits me). It will be interesting to see how people will mod this.

Is the Granpnel gun any different than the shootable one?

Once I get mine I plan on giving an more accurate gold paint job. Maybe adding some electronics to that remote to turn lock/unlock my car lol.

I appreciate the photos! Interesting to see the belt being a bit small (I am a size 30, so I'll let you guys now how it fits me). It will be interesting to see how people will mod this.

Is the Granpnel gun any different than the shootable one?
It’s different. The same, but different.
The arrow is chromed but non removable.
You can see the outline of the magnet in the handle. No electronics and the trigger is static. No battery cover.

And the batarang is the same. It was a bundle deal to get the belt. So you get the batarang in it’s separate retail box.

Good to know! Mine is coming tomorrow! Ive been trying to think of ways to make a working gadget slider, tho I appreciate the magnets

Last edited:
How does it compare to a screen used belt?
View attachment 1708820
Well, that’s not a screen used belt. That’s a belt Bob Dullam made in the early 90s and took with him to the fabled batshop when he was invited. He took it to show off his scratch building skills. It’s was left behind and it was sold years later as coming from the batshop. Technically it did come from there when it was closed, but it’s not screen used. I mean, just look at that buckle. That thing is pretty hideous and looks far from what was on screen.
D9803A31-A2AB-410A-B976-E7FDD171EEE3.jpeg
03524B2F-EE5C-4524-BE31-258214A8D62B.jpeg

My working metal buckle is taller and bigger overall. The strap on this is smaller than it should be. The tracks don’t line up.
665FA8BD-1B29-4146-BD9F-787665FCEF1B.jpeg

Got mine in! I am very pleased with is, it feels sturdy and the magentic gimick is cool, tho there needs to be more room. One of my pod devices came damaged so I'll have to contact Neca. I am plesed with it, tho I dont think it'd take it to a convention. The belt is 100% smaller. I 30inch waist and this fits without the need of extending so its smaller than advertised.

Last edited:
Got mine in! I am very pleased with is, it feels sturdy and the magentic gimick is cool, tho there needs to be more room. One of my pod devices came damaged so I'll have to contact Neca. I am plesed with it, tho I dont think it'd take it to a convention. The belt is 100% smaller. I 30inch waist and this fits without the need of extending so its smaller than advertised.
Damaged with a black mark? I have that on oneof mine. I might do the same and contact them.

Damaged with a black mark? I have that on oneof mine. I might do the same and contact them.
I have one black speck on the belt itself, wich im ok with. But it looks like the paint wasnt fully dryed when it was handeled

Attachments

• PXL_20230609_160714900 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230609_160714900 (1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 100
got mine, it's fun and perfect for the price.

Would look way better with a new paint job and some modifications to the magnets. I have noticed some of the panels pop off if you're not careful putting the belt on. Aside from that, it's all nicely molded plastic.

Gonna have to add magnets to the grapnel firing toy neca made to use with the belt. The one it came with I plan on giving away.

I am sending mine back for a replacement. I would be careful as it looks like mine has some light scratched from where I had my grapbel gun attached too

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back