BATMAN (1989) EVA Foam Cosplay - Full Build

One of the most impressive foam builds I’ve ever seen.
Thank you. I really love the costume. I waited until the day my foam building skills were a bit better to try it out. I did the same thing with my EVA Foam RoboCop build. I was never ready to do it years ago.

I have never seen anyone attempt a muscle suit for the old batsuits like this. You nailed it. Bravo my friend.
Thank you. This project was a proof of concept to do other costumes I have planned since the technique I created work out so well.
I can now confidently attempt a 1990 TMNT movie suit out of EVA foam in 2024

Those muscles pop, makes me want to pull old my exacto kit out of the closet :lol:

Glad to see you're still kicking! You were one of the only people I could trust for reliable advice on building techniques back when I first started pepping armors, and that was easily 10 years ago. (y) Keep grinding!

Thank you. This project was a proof of concept to do other costumes I have planned since the technique I created work out so well.
I can now confidently attempt a 1990 TMNT movie suit out of EVA foam in 2024
Oh man. TMNT 1990 is one of my all time favorites I would Love to see you do that! Have you ever considered a robin suit from batman forever or batman and robin?

Those muscles pop, makes me want to pull old my exacto kit out of the closet :lol:

Glad to see you're still kicking! You were one of the only people I could trust for reliable advice on building techniques back when I first started pepping armors, and that was easily 10 years ago. (y) Keep grinding!
Hey! Thanks so much. Glad to see you're still around too. I always try to expand what I can do with foam. I kind of unlocked more potential with it recently. So I'm happy to keep going for however long I can and make more of my dream projects, as long people want to see me make things with foam. For now, people are still impressed with what you can do with foam as a medium and are still being inspired. So I'll keep pushing forward.

Last edited:
Oh man. TMNT 1990 is one of my all time favorites I would Love to see you do that! Have you ever considered a robin suit from batman forever or batman and robin?
The thing is, I built the Batman 89' suit more for a dream to wear it once or twice and then have on display.
(Which I do now. Looks so cool to see it on there everyday. I literally look at it every day for a little bit when I'm thinking about stuff)
but I'd never actually wear that costume to a convention though.

What that being said... one of my childhood dream costumes is actually the Batman Forever Robin suit.
I remember planning out of the costume as a kid on paper. It was hilarious. There was no way I would've been able to make it at the time.
But yeah, I'm definitely going to make that costume and attend a convention as The Batman Forever Robin.
So one day soon, I'll make it for sure. I can just easily repurpose the 89' templates and do it.
As I was building this, the Batman Forever Robin build was already calculating in my brain :)

Last edited:
The thing is, I built the Batman 89' suit more for a dream to wear it once or twice and then have on display.
(Which I do now. Looks so cool to see it on there everyday. I literally look at it every day for a little bit when I'm thinking about stuff)
but I'd never actually wear that costume to a convention though.

What that being said... one of my childhood dream costumes is actually the Batman Forever Robin suit.
I remember planning out of the costume as a kid on paper. It was hilarious. There was no way I would've been able to make it at the time.
But yeah, I'm definitely going to make that costume and attend a convention as The Batman Forever Robin.
So one day soon, I'll make it for sure. I can just easily repurpose the 89' templates and do it.
As I was building this, the Batman Forever Robin build was already calculating in my brain :)
I would Love to see you make A forever Robin suit. One of my favorite suits. I will probably make this 89 batsuit and build a vault display with the gadgets at some point. As well as re purpose the templates and make a forever batman suit too. When do You think You will start on a 1990 TMNT suit?

REALLY nice job on this suit; after painting, I couldn't tell it was any kind of foam!!
Thanks!

I would Love to see you make A forever Robin suit. One of my favorite suits. I will probably make this 89 batsuit and build a vault display with the gadgets at some point. As well as re purpose the templates and make a forever batman suit too. When do You think You will start on a 1990 TMNT suit?
I will most likely be giving the TMNT suit a try in the spring after a few other builds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back