Barnabas Collins' Wolf-Head Cane From Dark Shadows

FXArtist

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm starting work on reproducing the cane Barnabas Collins carried in the TV series Dark Shadows and it should be done in a week or so.

Seen here:

BarnabasCane.png

jonathan-frid-cane.jpg

DARK+SHADOWS+BARNABAS+CANE+PROP+REPLICA.jpg

Barnabas_Collins_image.jpg

Since there are no perfect comparison shots of the cane, I'm going to have to take a few artistic liberties.

Results to come soon.

About time another alternative for this comes about.

The ones from the Company who made them for the show go for a fortune now and need new eyes

It's become apparent in the sculpting process that I'm going to have to take a few liberties; there are no decent close-up pictures of the head of the cane and I intend to use reference pictures of wolves to prevent it from having a "snarling greyhound" look to it.

Pictures to come in a few days.

After a productive weekend; the perks of not seeing family over the holidays, here's where I'm at in the sculpt now. I'm not 100% happy with it's current roughed-out shape.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The details aren't there because it's a rough sculpt with just a weekend's time; I'll probably wind up changing it seven more times before its ready to cast.

Here's where I'm thinking of going with the ears; so far, they're bothering me the most.

Search the "Bay" as there are pretty good pics of the cane from the original maunfacturer

I've seen some of those and they have a few issues with the ears; like they're bent from years of use on the set.

Update photos.

I think I am calling this finished. It is so difficult to work with Bondo and Plumbers Epoxy to get fine details. Next time I think I am going to use mixed media to get the details right.

This version is going to be made into a mold when I get a chance.

Wolf2.jpgWolf1.jpg

Nice job!!! I've seen several of the metal Wolfs head canes throughout the years and several currently available, yours is every bit as nice!!!!
We also see this cane used in "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr."

This caught my attention. I've been looking for a cane as such, but to actually use as a cane. I'm gettin' on in years and I need one and if I have to have one I might as well get one like this. Let me know!

looks great. Does anyone here know WHO the original manufacturer is? and would you share that information please.

- - - Updated - - -

would you please share the name, contact info of the original manufacturer need to authenticate a cane please

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back