Bank Heist Joker Costume

Been pulling together a Joker Bank Heist cosplay for the upcoming Motor City Comic Con this May, and so far am pretty happy with the results :D I picked up one of the resin Joker Bozo masks on AliExpress for $32.00, and did my own weathering with sandpaper, used coffee grounds and black eyeliner to add the worn look.

Also made quick YouTube video with close up details of the weathering:

18274797_10212970768334169_8023010093265954148_n.jpgJoker Weathering.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Debuted my Bank Heist Joker at Motor City Comic Con this past weekend, and it was a huge hit! I saw several Heath Ledger ones, but I was the only one out of the thousands of people there who did the Bank Heist version of him. MotorCity Geek captured this pic of us while walking around on day #2

Attachments

• Motor City Geek joker.jpg
    Motor City Geek joker.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:
Debuted my Bank Heist Joker at Motor City Comic Con this past weekend, and it was a huge hit! I saw several Heath Ledger ones, but I was the only one out of the thousands of people there who did the Bank Heist version of him. MotorCity Geek captured this pic of us while walking around on day #2

Your bag turned out awesome. Can you post more pics of it?

Your bag turned out awesome. Can you post more pics of it?

Thank you! Below are a few more up close photos of the bag. initially I wanted to add a rack on which to hang the grenades, sorta like the Hot Toys version came with, but I ran out of time, so I took a fiberglass rod and sawed it in two, painted it black and made bars to go across the top and hung them by the grenade handles. Eventually I'll add the rack, but it worked in a time crunch. lol. to fill out the bag shape, I cut black corrugated plastic into four sections and placed them on each side. and stuffed the side pouches with newspaper to fill those out. I also removed the small carry handles on either side and left the shoulder strap. for bag weathering, I rubbed some used coffee grounds over it to darken and stain it in spots. I also added a section of black leather to the inside flap, to give it more contrast to the rest of the inside of the bag.

Joker Bank Heist Bag 001.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 002.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 003.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 004.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 005.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 006.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 007.jpgJoker Bank Heist Bag 008.jpg

Thank you! Below are a few more up close photos of the bag. initially I wanted to add a rack on which to hang the grenades, sorta like the Hot Toys version came with, but I ran out of time, so I took a fiberglass rod and sawed it in two, painted it black and made bars to go across the top and hung them by the grenade handles. Eventually I'll add the rack, but it worked in a time crunch. lol. to fill out the bag shape, I cut black corrugated plastic into four sections and placed them on each side. and stuffed the side pouches with newspaper to fill those out. I also removed the small carry handles on either side and left the shoulder strap. for bag weathering, I rubbed some used coffee grounds over it to darken and stain it in spots. I also added a section of black leather to the inside flap, to give it more contrast to the rest of the inside of the bag.

View attachment 732375View attachment 732376View attachment 732377View attachment 732378View attachment 732379View attachment 732380View attachment 732381View attachment 732382

Hey! I love this. I recently got my bag and I want to do something similar. I've found inert lemon and baseball grenades to use, but has anyone found a good source for the smoke cylinder grenades?

Taken this past weekend at the MeggaXP 3 comic con in Jackson, MI by my friends Girlfriend. Finally found a Glock 17 replica used for police training and gave it a repaint and added the extended Magazine.

Janessa Way (Devin Hauenstein).jpg

Quick question, where did you get your wig and gun, if you could send a link that would be appreciated, thanks

Sure thing dude!! The wig is the basic Rubies Dark Knight wig that you can find readily available on eBay, Wal-Mart and many other online stores, it's like $12.00 :)

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...31k1j0i46k1j0i131i46k1j46i131k1.0.3scxja_A0Is

The gun I went with is this one, that I simply repainted it the two-tone black and silver and bored a slot in the bottom of it and added small mag, to make it look extended :) I'm working on piecing together a video of how i did it.

http://www.galls.com/blackhawk-oran...MImdjWrdPJ1gIVDAOGCh21VAaUEAQYAiABEgIWm_D_BwE

View attachment 732375View attachment 732376View attachment 732377View attachment 732378View attachment 732379View attachment 732380View attachment 732381View attachment 732382

Looks superb! So happy to see this thread active again. Is this the Augusta bag in Columbia blue?

Did anyone order the shirt material from spoonflower? I haven’t heard of them but they offer the right pattern material for $20 a yard. My neighbour is a. Seamstress so could be a good option for me if the supplier is reliable
9f789330ae1570241c221a448eba5df0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realise this thread is as dead as that bus driver but thought I would update with pics from my 1st proper outing. Still bits to do, like make the bag more accurate, get a good wig, and dirty up my mask but still pretty happy
Screenshot_20211118-164005_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211118-164044_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211113-144331_Gallery.jpg

The suit is off the peg/ebay buy.
Shirt is tailor made from material on spoonflower.
Shoes are eBay sketchers.
Pistol is a glock 17 springer with extended mag.
Mask is from ministry of masks.
Watch is a casio calculator.
Gloves are mens driving gloves.
Socks from dept store.
Bag is from US. Augusta sports bag.
Grenades are airsoft dummies
20211118_131917.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back