Bandai release schedule

I'm sure it will include the original pilot - when they've made reissues with a small addition like this it's on a new small sprue, with the full old one with all the old parts still there (since otherwise they'd have to create a large new mold, which defeats the cost savings)

Well, at least they still have the license. :lol:

There are some decent Rebel pilot figures on Thingaverse. If you don't have a resin printer, be nice to someone here who does and maybe they'll do you a solid (literally). ;)
Seriously... I love my printer... I'm looking to get a larger resin printer to fulfill my itch for 1/24 scale everything... I've spent more money, almost, on stl files in the past few months than I have in buying model kits in 2020. I know I've put at least 100 hours or more into prints already. 3d printing is the future.

Glad to see something new. Anything new, or even sort of new. I can't have too many X-Wings, and even though the pilot is Rey, I plan on at least six Red Squadron X-Wings, a Partisan X-Wing, a few Blue Squadron X-Wings, a Vanguard Squadron X-Wing, and Hera Syndulla's X-Wing. Having something new in the pipeline will help me acquire the kits.

Seriously... I love my printer... I'm looking to get a larger resin printer to fulfill my itch for 1/24 scale everything... I've spent more money, almost, on stl files in the past few months than I have in buying model kits in 2020. I know I've put at least 100 hours or more into prints already. 3d printing is the future.
Absolutely. The prints coming off my 2K Mars (when I haven't screwed them up) are at least as detailed and sharp as anything R2 is putting out. Not quite Bandai quality, but I haven't seen prints from a 4K printer yet. It will happen. Within 3-5 years, someone here will be able to print out a 1/72 Falcon (in sections, obviously) identical in detail to a Bandai PG Falcon. That fact is something undoubtedly on Bandai's minds -- probably far more so that any hesitancy regarding the franchise itself. Prices for printers and resin are only going to drop and quality and speed are only going to improve.

Well, at least they still have the license. :lol:

Glad to see a sign that they still have the license, but another x-wing...? Another repackaging of something they‘ve already done...?

Disappointing...

Sean

Absolutely. The prints coming off my 2K Mars (when I haven't screwed them up) are at least as detailed and sharp as anything R2 is putting out. Not quite Bandai quality, but I haven't seen prints from a 4K printer yet. It will happen. Within 3-5 years, someone here will be able to print out a 1/72 Falcon (in sections, obviously) identical in detail to a Bandai PG Falcon. That fact is something undoubtedly on Bandai's minds -- probably far more so that any hesitancy regarding the franchise itself. Prices for printers and resin are only going to drop and quality and speed are only going to improve.
The quality with Mars 2k printers is already there... I'll post a thread about my 1/24 scale podracer. The files are from Merlin Models on facebook. They do some amazing work. But for now, this is my 1/24 rancor I printed on my Mars printer:

PSX_20210108_131007.jpg
PSX_20210108_131020.jpg

PSX_20201230_003509.jpg

So the quality of the print depends on the quality of the stl files. 4k resin printers make larger projects easier to print.

Revell is doing a 1:72 Razorcrest very soon.
That's awesome... Here's to hoping they have learned to be accurate with their molds... I mean... Their MF was a treasure for its time... but the accuracy was not very good. A step in the right direction... But I hope they are on level with Bandai.

I'm sure it will include the original pilot - when they've made reissues with a small addition like this it's on a new small sprue, with the full old one with all the old parts still there (since otherwise they'd have to create a large new mold, which defeats the cost savings)

They originally had the Death Start tile base and then they ditched that for the smaller 1/144 X-Wing in the Rogue One set. They still included the alt nose cone and engine part though

Getting rid of 1/144sprue and DS tile sprue leaves plenty of room in the box for the transparent blue base and Rey figure so I am sure they would have the original pilot as well. They seem to like giving people the option to still build the original even though they may have re-tooled a few new parts. It's why the new Resistance X-Wing still includes the parts to build the original one and Poe's boosted X-Wing still had the original back parts. Between those two you actually have enough spare parts to build a whole new X-wing

It's the best of both worlds. They deliver a "new" variant without stopping people from buying it who still want the old one wihtout the need to maintain two different SKU numbers

lol... there goes theory that bandai dont see any money in the sequel trilogy /s

I don't think that puts a dent in the theory. The fact that hardly any ships from the Sequels were made into kits kind of proves that. I think all this shows is that they are stuck with characters people don't like, but they have to deal with it.

Read the posts and was so confused. Single viewing when it came out on Netflix. Had to do a quick search - totally forgot she flew Red 5... Lol.
Very nice work on the Rancor, Korben44.
Looking forward to seeing more of the 1/72 Razor Crest!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back